Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Dead BR89 might try this

  • thomas cipelle
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 7, 2013
      first of all not sure if correct method checking motor. what I due is apply 2wire leads from transformer see if motor runs if that fails then I remove woren brushes   clean litte commator
      using  wire brushes form paint sprayer cleaner get from Habor Too lusing 91% alchol get carbor residue off then take leads from trans former  bend copper leads 90 degrees apply about4volts touching comtator both sides see if armature starts turning if works  then order set  new brushes remember not saying this is proper method. Normal  sending to repair shop in florida or texas
      Oh don't forget if order brushes need  know if 3   or 5 pole brushes they  not interchangeable Tom C.

      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 11, 2013
        Thanks Mark. I saw the layout in the file section of the Yahoo Group. I could not get the link you provided in your responce to work though.

        Eddie