Re: APRIL AZL Releases Part 1

  • mark2playz
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5 2:07 PM
      Dom,
      I thought the 3200 & 3300 series locos were Mikados.
      Mark

      > As far as I know SP never owned any USRA Mikes, light or heavies, and UP only owned light ones.
      > Dom
      >

      > >And any UP and SP Mikados, both Heavy and Light !
      > >
      > >Regards,
      > >
      > >Jeff Merrill
      > >SF Bay Area Z

    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5 2:58 PM
        Mark, I don't know these. I was looking for infos with Wiki. According to that site the only USRA Mikado matching these railroads were Light Mikes belonging to UP. So maybe the 3200 and 3300 Class locomotives were Mikados, but possibly not USRAs, thus not likely to be made by AZL as its future (close, I hope) USRA Mikes.

        Hope this helps,

        Dom

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5 6:55 PM
          If its *any* steam, it's going on the layout ! We all know we are never going to get the right era, road number, detail or . . .

          I'll swap it out when the Pacifics come out ! Or, use them on the WP. Besides, these will either pull freight or the tourist excursion train on our Free-mo layout.

          Jeff Merrill
          SF Bay Area Z

          On Apr 5, 2013, at 2:58 PM, de Champeaux Dominique <ddechamp71@...> wrote:

          > Mark, I don't know these. I was looking for infos with Wiki. According to that site the only USRA Mikado matching these railroads were Light Mikes belonging to UP. So maybe the 3200 and 3300 Class locomotives were Mikados, but possibly not USRAs, thus not likely to be made by AZL as its future (close, I hope) USRA Mikes.
          >
          > Hope this helps,
          >
          > Dom

        • jonathon
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6 4:28 PM
            On 04/06/2013 01:55 AM, BAZ wrote:
            > If its *any* steam, it's going on the layout ! We all know we are never going to get the right era, road number, detail or . . .

            True, but US$2K is a bit steep for something that is going to be torn
            apart, and rebuilt to more accurately represent the whyte notation, era,
            road number, and detail.

            jonathon
            --
            Email with a precedence of other than "junk", "bulk", or "list" is
            automatically forwarded to Dave Null. Those emails will never be seen by me.
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7 12:44 AM
              Are you speaking of the Big Boy? Please be reassured, the USRA Mikes will be far lower than $2000....
              Dom