Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Track crossing question

  • Eddie Hen
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 3, 2013
      Thanks Mark for the advice.

      ________________________________
      From: mark2playz <mark.markham@...>
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 11:15 PM
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Track crossing question

      Eddie,
      Actually your design is similiar to one American Flyer Trains did one for their catalog and I did one years later. You don't have enough track length to do an over/under crossing unless you remove the turnouts on the bottom line.
      You probably need to adjust the track at the crossing to use the 90-degree crossing track.You'll want to look into reversing loops,circuits that change polarity of the track power with the motion of the train, because the design loops back on itself.
      It can be a fun layout, but the wiring is complicated.
      As for posting updates of your design, you might want to try maximizing AnyRail and using shift-prtsc to copy the screen and open the paint program and paste into it.

      Hope this helps,
      Mark
    • Eddie Hen
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 11, 2013
        Thanks Mark. I saw the layout in the file section of the Yahoo Group. I could not get the link you provided in your responce to work though.

        Eddie