Re: Track crossing question

  • mark2playz
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 3, 2013
      Eddie,
      No laughing here. It's just a matter of wiring. The diagonal tracks need to be isolated from the outside loop and whenever you use the diagonal tracks, you need to reverse the polarity of the throttle before returning to the outside loop. It would be useful to use the power routing turnouts from Rokuhan or use isolating connectors, multiple feed points and a couple of polarity reversing switches. The diagonal tracks need to be wired like the Marklin #8993 reversing loop kit.

      Hope this helps,

      Mark

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Eddie Hen <southridge90@...> wrote:

      > Ok, like I said, let the laughter begin! What looked good on paper, did not
      > cross over to the real world. When I hooked up one of the inter loops,
      > minus the intersection part, the train would not run. Guess I was creating a
      > major short. Oh well, back to my original boring layout, unless of course someone
      > can stop laughing enought to come up with a solution.
      >
      > Eddie

    • Eddie Hen
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 11, 2013
        Thanks Mark. I saw the layout in the file section of the Yahoo Group. I could not get the link you provided in your responce to work though.

        Eddie

        I've re-posted you image with notes for VERY basic electrical wiring:
        http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/5BtjUf9l_FNTYSrrpfzvrBR96WPmnKXWC_gTIB0w_7jIFEw5pBQazIqlYjX5Obhzz0_Sgpi0URYeUzkhcg8ERSv99IDLUL2Y_HWbWn9C3HG6p1PUDNmnkg/Marklin_81865_set_2_loops_layout%20elec.jpg

        There's a lot of ways of doing this, including adding the Marklin track swicthes to make the operation automatic to auto-sensing reversing circuits.

        For a quick interesting layout I've always liked a figure-eight folded over at the crossing (either over/under or the 13-degree track).

        Mark