Re: [Z_Scale] Plattling Yard Germany?

  • Robert Kluz
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2013
      Gary,

      I just noticed that today as well. It is sitting there now! It is the first time I have seen this scheme.

      For those wondering what we are talking about, we are looking at the Platting yard webcam in Germany:

      http://webcam.deg.net/?a=showcam&w=showliveimage2&o=pla

      I use cams like this for a lot of inspiration in my Z scale modeling and consists.

      Rob

      On Mar 23, 2013, at 8:57 AM, gwhackman <gwhackman@...> wrote:

      > I don't know who keeps tabs on the activities at the Plattling Yard. Maybe someone could give me some info. There appears to be a color scheme [sp] update on the traction/railbus units I normally see coming and going in the yard. Normally they appear to be a green/orange/white combination. Over the last few weeks I have seen two units in combination with White/blue/and I thought red but the one that is currently parked for the weekend. Tt is closer to an orange. Also the top of the roof appears to be different then the older units I see in service. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is this a new DB color scheme, or a Special one time run? Thanks. Terry in New Hampshire.

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line
      Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
      and Tenshodo dealer
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      www.zscaletrack.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • TERRY unk
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
        Quick, update on the "New" color scheme traction units at Plattling Yard, Germany.  At noon [Ger./local] Sunday, I noticed two of the new color units arrive at the yard. Both of these units have roof tops with two raised areas on each unit. Last week I noticed that there was also a unit in the new color scheme that had a non raised detail roof. So there are at least three [3] of these unit is service. Terry in New Hampshire.

      • Cliff Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
          Very cool guys.  Are there US links to yards?

          Cliff
          SSgt USMC, Retired
          '12 Juke
          '86 Yamaha FZX-R
          Z scale trains

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
            Cliff here is a listing of webcams from around North America:

            http://www.raillinks.com/railfan/pages/Webcams/North_America/

            Rob