Re: New to the Group

  • Don Avila
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 17, 2013
      DCCing can be done as Glen Chenier did both a F7A & F7B for me a number of
      years ago. More recently Don Fedjur has done a number of engines for me
      and based upon the ultra fine detail ditch lights he put in one I would
      suspect he also could do the Marklins. Also consider putting in a decoder
      in one or two cars behind the engine, such as steam. It does require
      permanent coupling, but IMHO that is a very minor problem.

      --
      *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

    • Jeff Thompson
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 17, 2013
        Welcome! I visited your area a few weeks ago, and came across rolling stock
        from this line - Aberedeen & Rockfish Railroad Co.:

        http://www.aberdeen-rockfish.com/

        They also have a subsidiary line - the Pee Dee River Line:

        http://www.aberdeen-rockfish.com/html/pdrr-home.html

        They are both only a couple of hours south of Greensboro. I don't know what
        you are planning on modeling, but you said you were planning on going small.
        You could almost do both lines, in their entirety, on a couple of modules.
        ;-)

        Seriously, welcome to Z!! Hope you get years of enjoyment out of a GREAT
        hobby!

        Jeff T

        ZoCal

      • Gardenrails
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 17, 2013
          Thanks Jeff. We hope to get out on the bike and go see the Aberdeen & Rockfish as well as the Aberdeen, Carolina & Western RR. As far as modeling it will be CP, CN and BCRail
          Sent from my iPhone