Re: [Z_Scale] Re: So Long Z; but not the friendships they last forever!

  • Eddie Hen
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 17, 2013
      Could you please tell me where you found the lighthouse pictured in http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

      Thanks in advance,
      Eddie

      ________________________________
      From: David Mummery <d_mummery@...>
      To: mark2playz <mark.markham@...>; "z_scale@yahoogroups.com " <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, March 3, 2013 7:31 PM
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: So Long Z; but not the friendships they last forever!

      Thanks Mark,

      I'll chime in every now and again, this group and the IN RR yahoo group are hands down my favorites.
      The N layout is at best half done! Bench work is complete, the mainline is only about a third done. The main yard is 10 rungs wide with the main splitting it into 2 equal halves and is 15 feet in length. With all the industries and sidings it easily accommodates all the cars. Still lots to do, I'll be happy to send the track plan if you'd like!
      Ahh, this is a Z forum not N.
      Thanks again all!
      Dave

      Dave Mummery

      http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
      http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

      From: mark2playz <mark.markham@...>
      Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 00:18:59
      To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>

      Dave,
      Sorry to read that you're moving on from Z. You brought a fresh perspective to the forum. I hope you'll comment every so often, if only to say "this is how it's done in N."
      If you don't mind some advise from someone who has a little too much diposable income and no one to give me disapproving looks: even in a since scale try to focus on a a reasonable plan. You realize that if your 2000 units were 50' box cars, that's a train that's nearly three city block long! I limit myself to aquiring only items from my history: trains I or my family have ridden, roads from Northern Califonia from my lifetime, and cars that migrated (usually unexpectedly) to California and only one layout at a time.

      All the best,
      Mark

    • David Mummery
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 17, 2013
        Morning Eddie,

        I hope you meant the 27 Squares of 220ing blog, my old Z layout.

        The lighthouse pictured there is a MTL Laser cut kit #799-90-954. That was a fun kit to build!

        The colors are a Brite White generic spray, Polly Scale Soo Red, Polly Scale Depot Brown and Polly Scale Aluminum.

        Hope this helps,

        From: Eddie Hen <southridge90@...>
        Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 07:26:49
        To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: So Long Z; but not the friendships they last
        forever!

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 17, 2013
          ooppss.. copied the wrong address and yes, I was. Thank you for taking the time out to give me the info.
          Just getting started in Z scale and currently own Marklin #81865 train set.  Again, thanks for your time
          with this.

          Eddie

          From: Eddie Hen <southridge90@...>
          Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 07:26:49