Children

  • erwind.dunbar
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
      I have been Listening to you! I like displaying my Z Layout. Children are naturally Curious. I always set out things that they can Touch. I have been Known to hand a Z-Scale car to a young one so that there Curiosity is filled. These are the future Model RR. Don
    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
        Hi Don,
        Right you are. Your suggestion to set aside "handling" models is excellent!
        Thank you. Let's let some kids touch the wonder...

        Reynard
        On Mar 8, 2013, at 1:33 PM, erwind.dunbar wrote:

        > I have been Listening to you! I like displaying my Z Layout. Children are naturally Curious. I always set out things that they can Touch. I have been Known to hand a Z-Scale car to a young one so that there Curiosity is filled. These are the future Model RR. Don

      • Ken Armstrong
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10, 2013
          I do agree that the kinder, gentler approach to correction is preferred
          and usually more effective. A few cars knocked over is nothing to get
          upset about. We do keep a few junk cars out for the kids to handle and
          if old enough and the occasion permits, let them control the throttle. A
          very few children lack impulse control and will grab before the parents
          can react. And many parents forget to watch the child because they also
          want to see the trains. It is all part of exhibiting to the public which
          is part of the fun of the hobby. If no one else experiences it, is it art?
          Ken Armstrong
        • Lancaster David
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2013
            I prefer the "Did you bring your toys for me to play with? No? Then you can't play with mine." and smile. They understand sharing - well most of them.

            David L.
            ZoCal

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
              less we show explain are hobby be history in 15yrs or less tks for mr.George  don  Garth Loren and Karin  Baz boys Rob  kluz    Mid west haulers Ttri state z boys and many others

              we owe thanks to all these gentle men and ladys  back men such as judi  dora  ellen  gayle judyI expest small amout damage from people wheel chairs  so far  none  things need be were handi cap see them let alone little  tikes  thomas