Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Hello....

  • BAZ
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5 8:06 AM
      Get off the gas prices and stay on topic.
      Scott, sure hope that was you that stopped by the World's Greatest Hobby show at the San Mateo Event Center last weekend ! We get together pretty much just get together to run trains at these types of shows or some local event (hence the Z-Bend Track module standard). However, each of us periodically work on our modules or help with newcomers. Home layouts or what we cal BYOZ (bring your own Z for shows, office or education) are both discussed amongst us SF Bay Area Z BoyZ.

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z

      Sent 'from the road'

      On Mar 4, 2013, at 3:34 PM, "scottandrews68" <scott@...> wrote:

      > Hey Thom,
      >
      > thanks for the welcome. I'm located up in Northern California about 30mins south of San Francisco. I'm sure as i delve into this i'll have many a question. I visited with club in this area that uses the sbendtrack standard. I look at it last evening and it was an eyeopener. I've alway take the approach to modeling as grabbing a 4x8 sheet of wood and laying out some loops and whatnot. The modular approach looks a lot more fun an flexible.
      > Thanks
      > Scott
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "rvn20012000" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Scott,
      > >
      > > Welcome to Z scale!! I had a really nice reply typed but it must have gotten lost in the Yahoo ether.
      > > Here are links to 4 different module standards if you're interested.
      > >
      > > http://zbendtrack.com/
      > >
      > > http://www.zmod.no/
      > >
      > > http://www.t-trak.org/

      > > The top 2 are free-standing modules and the bottom 2 are table-top modules. If you don't mind me asking, in what area do you live? Ztrack Magazine has a list of active module groups.
      > >
      > > Feel free to ask any questions you might have...there are plenty of people here to help.
      > >
      > > Thom Welsch
      > > MidweZt HaulerZ

    • Greg Elmassian
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5 12:53 PM
        Gentlemen, Let's get off the gas price topic right now please.

        I'm sitting on 2 messages that will not be approved because now the discussion is turning political one country vs. another, or comments on our government.

        More "gas" comments may be removed... let's enjoy trains!!

        Greg

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "scottandrews68" <scott@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm a new member/enthusiast. I look forward to expanding my z knowledge. My son and I are planning on building some modular sections, and I'm sure well have may questions. I'm not new to layouts in general, however modular is very new.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Scott

      • dr strangelove
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 6 5:20 AM
          I think the BAZ guys are the best Z scalers in the US.Amazing stuff.I traveled 5000 miles to check them out.