RE: [Z_Scale] So Long Z; but not the friendships they last forever!

  • Dave Mummery
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2013
      Thanks Rob, its more of focusing my efforts and hobby dollars.

      I have soooo much in N there's no getting out; around 2000 pieces of rolling
      stock and locos.

      HO Traction, well all I have to say, its like your high school love and I
      know you'll all know what I mean.

      Everyone on this forum is such a wonderful person and I will stay
      subscribed!

      Thanks again,

      Dave

      Dave Mummery

      <http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/>
      http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/

      http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2013
        Dave,
        Sorry to read that you're moving on from Z. You brought a fresh perspective to the forum. I hope you'll comment every so often, if only to say "this is how it's done in N."
        If you don't mind some advise from someone who has a little too much diposable income and no one to give me disapproving looks: even in a since scale try to focus on a a reasonable plan. You realize that if your 2000 units were 50' box cars, that's a train that's nearly three city block long! I limit myself to aquiring only items from my history: trains I or my family have ridden, roads from Northern Califonia from my lifetime, and cars that migrated (usually unexpectedly) to California and only one layout at a time.

        All the best,
        Mark
      • David Mummery
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2013
          Thanks Mark,

          I'll chime in every now and again, this group and the IN RR yahoo group are hands down my favorites.
          The N layout is at best half done! Bench work is complete, the mainline is only about a third done. The main yard is 10 rungs wide with the main splitting it into 2 equal halves and is 15 feet in length. With all the industries and sidings it easily accommodates all the cars. Still lots to do, I'll be happy to send the track plan if you'd like!
          Ahh, this is a Z forum not N.
          Thanks again all!

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4, 2013
            Dave, Lee barry here
              Leaving one scale to go to another,  I know how it is after being in N from 1992 until 2009 and acculating $35,000-$50,000 worth of it to leave a good friend behind. It's kinda like the University of Ga., UGA  commercials that come on during their ballgames and at the end it states "You may leave, But it never leaves you" How "Bout Them Dawgs"!!!!--- ps: stay in touch with us and send pictures of your N layout On Sun, 3/3/13, Dave Mummery <d_mummery@...> wrote:

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 17, 2013
              Could you please tell me where you found the lighthouse pictured in http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

              Thanks in advance,
              Eddie

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 17, 2013
                Morning Eddie,

                I hope you meant the 27 Squares of 220ing blog, my old Z layout.

                The lighthouse pictured there is a MTL Laser cut kit #799-90-954. That was a fun kit to build!

                The colors are a Brite White generic spray, Polly Scale Soo Red, Polly Scale Depot Brown and Polly Scale Aluminum.

                Hope this helps,

                From: Eddie Hen <southridge90@...>
                Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 07:26:49
                To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
                Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: So Long Z; but not the friendships they last
                forever!

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 17, 2013
                  ooppss.. copied the wrong address and yes, I was. Thank you for taking the time out to give me the info.
                  Just getting started in Z scale and currently own Marklin #81865 train set.  Again, thanks for your time
                  with this.

                  Eddie

                  From: Eddie Hen <southridge90@...>
                  Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 07:26:49