Stonebridge Models and Z Central Station's Johnny's Hobbies Bash Contest

  • Soccrdad
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2013
      Z Central Station presents The Stonebridge Models Johnny's Hobbies Bash Contest!

      The laser kits are $16.95 MSRP, but for a limited time you can order them for $8.95, First Class USPS Shipping is $3.00 for up to 3 kits. You can order the them online at http://www.stonebridgemodels.com Introductory prices are good until midnight of the 15th of March 2013.

      This contest ends on Sunday April 5th at 12:00pm PST. There are two categories "Best Bash" and "Original Concept". Top category prizes from Stonebridge Models are sponsored for the contest.

      Once you get your kit, you can build it to a traditional hobby shop style. Or get crazy slicing, cutting, and bashing to anything you want. But, you must use 90% of the pieces. Our Library of over 75 downloads has the Johnny's Hobbies parts sheet.

      I want to thank Karin Snyder and Stonebridge Models very much for this special kit. My father had a dream of opening a Hobby/Novelty shop, and in January of 1969 that dream became a reality. This laser kit is a replicate of the original building in which he started his business called "Nanny's". My mom tells the story of just coming home from the hospital with my youngest brother how the garage and attic was filled with hobby supplies and display units.

      My dad's business grew into several other buildings over the 20 years before selling it. It was a fun experience for a 11 year old kid going to `work' with his dad on the weekends.

      Good Luck!

      John Kellett
      Z Central Station
    • Soccrdad
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2013
        I submitted a photo of the Johnny's Hobbies kit. The laser kit has acetate windows, two different window backgrounds, and a decal if you choose to use it.

        The Contest has been extended until Friday April 12th. Preferred pricing extended until the end of the day Monday March 18th. You can order them from Stonebridge Models http://www.stonebridgemodels.com/

        There are a few differences from the kit and the actual building. The actual building was only 11' wide and there was no backdoor. The laser kit has a back door and the building is cut for 12' wide.

        John Kellett
        Z Central Station