Re: [Z_Scale] MTL and Marklin track

  • Kevin Brady
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
      Hi Michael,all,
      From what I found out M�rklin is code 60 and MTL is
      code 55,so there is a difference in size.
      Depending on your skill ,one can bend a rail joiner or solder the rails so
      that there is smooth and even transition.Shims can help also.

      Best,Kev

      --
      Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

    • mark2playz
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2013
        Kev, Michael,
        There is also a difference in tread width between Märklin and MTL (27 mils vs. 18 mils) which might be more significant. Also it seemed to me that the rail profile for the bridge section was different than the straight section, so you may want to check it.
        Garth had am excellent table of track measurements on his Nn3 web site that I downloaded a while back and have been maintaining for my own use. With his permission, I'd be willing to upload it.

        Mark