Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Needed - MTL GP9 springs

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 25 1:33 PM
      Greg and Eric,

      You both make valid observations and I won't argue the points you have made.
      The true mystery remains as to why MTL has not obtained the springs that
      would be so cheap I should think, to keep a couple thousand on hand.

      There is obviously a problem somewhere but not having my PI license, I'll
      have to leave it up to some other super sleuth to find out why.

      Honestly Eric, I along with many others do feel your pain and share your
      frustration. MTL does to some extent support their products with after
      market replacement pieces in several areas. If I were in charge, I'd surely
      try to keep the part's department stocked and running smoothly so you and I
      wouldn't be frowning about now.

      As far as AZL pushing a little to get something going, in all fairness, AZL
      has had in the past unhappy folks look disapprovingly in their direction for
      lack of additional parts. As AZL has of recent times become a major player
      in Z scale, they have improved their parts department and I'm sure both MTL
      and AZL would like to be able to offer some of everything for those who need
      replacement parts.

      So, this isn't a squabble, but rather an admission that things aren't quite
      like we'd like to see them. Only the owners of MTL, AZL, or XYZ can remedy
      the situation.

      So, in the mean time, we fume.

      Loren

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 26 12:46 PM
        the F7A engine that came with it, it was the 2012 MTL Xmas set