Re: Needed - MTL GP9 springs

  • Greg Elmassian
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 25, 2013
      As a moderator, I try to stay out of squabbles.

      But I would ask how long the motor springs have been unobtainable?

      There's a difference in being out for a couple of months, and being out for a year.

      The Chinese will do anything you pay them to.

      We have a situation in G scale, two manufacturers, (Both use Sanda Kan / Kader by the way); one always has parts in stock, couplers, wheels, easily damaged components, the other is always out of some of the "bread and butter" parts, track, couplers, wheels.

      Greg

      > Eric,
      >
      > It does appear that way, but I doubt you know the full details of MTL's
      > parts' issues. It seems logical to suggest that MTL would keep those parts
      > in stock if it was their ability to? Any time a company utilizes some off
      > shore facilities to supply parts, they are somewhat at the mercy of that
      > company. I'd bet that MTL is addressing this issue and attempting to bring
      > more manufacturing back home.
      >
      > In time I believe MTL will be able to rectify this problem. So it continues
      > to be a situation of Z scalers practicing patience.
      > Frustrating I know, but that is the way it currently is.
      >
      > Loren

    • Lee Barry
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 26, 2013
        the F7A engine that came with it, it was the 2012 MTL Xmas set