Re: [Z_Scale] Diesel Locomotive Service Facility

  • BAZ
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.

      Sent 'from the road'

      On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

      > Hi Jeff,
      > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
      >
      > DANGER - PELIGRO
      > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
      > Do not haul stack container cars or other
      > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
      >
      > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
      > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
      > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas vías de servicio.
      >
      > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
      > on the service tracks.
      >
      > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
      > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
      > X, Y & Z axis.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Reynard
      >

      > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
      >
      >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
      >>
      >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
      >>
      >> Jeff
      >> SF Bay Area Z
      >>
      >> On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> Hi Zedders,
      >>>
      >>> Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
      >>> your diesels-
      >>> http://www.micronart.com
      >>> It will be available sometime in March.
      >>>
      >>> Thanks for your attention
      >>> Reynard

    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
        Hi Jeff,
        Yeah, even as I was copying this stuff
        over for a reply, I knew it did not answer your real question
        but I sent it anyway just for grins ;>)

        The height from foundation (i.e. sitting on my granite surface table)
        to the tippy-top of the sand towers is 2.5775 �.010 inches
        or 65.47 mm as measured using a Mitutoyo
        Absolute Digimatic caliper.

        You should add at least .500" or 12.70 mm to that
        just to make sure you don't bang it on the bottom
        of your overhead stacked modules.

        Hope that answers your real question.
        Sometimes making jokes gets me trouble...

        As for N scale - I have no idea yet as I have not
        yet decided on making it for that scale (market verses price
        verses manufacturing costs plus advertising).
        However, more N requests are welcome and will definitely
        effect the outcome...

        warm regardZ,
        Reynard
        http://www.micronart.com

        On Feb 22, 2013, at 8:42 AM, BAZ wrote:

        > Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.
        >
        > Sent 'from the road'
        >
        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi Jeff,
        > > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
        > >
        > > DANGER - PELIGRO
        > > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
        > > Do not haul stack container cars or other
        > > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
        > >
        > > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
        > > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
        > > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.
        > >
        > > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
        > > on the service tracks.
        > >
        > > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
        > > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
        > > X, Y & Z axis.
        > >
        > > Best regards,
        > > Reynard
        > >

        > > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
        > >
        > >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
        > >>
        > >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
        > >>
        > >> Jeff
        > >> SF Bay Area Z

      • BAZ
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
          Perfect. That will fit by ~1/2" ('above' your added 1/2" fudge factor.

          Jeff