Re: [Z_Scale] Diesel Locomotive Service Facility

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
      Hi Jeff,
      Facilities like these often carry the following warning:

      DANGER - PELIGRO
      Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
      Do not haul stack container cars or other
      high, tall freight along these service tracks.

      Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
      No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
      coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.

      So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
      on the service tracks.

      N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
      higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
      X, Y & Z axis.

      Best regards,
      Reynard

      On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:

      > Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
      >
      > N scale also for me, 3 locations.
      >
      > Jeff
      > SF Bay Area Z
      >
      > On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Zedders,
      > >
      > > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
      > > your diesels-
      > > http://www.micronart.com
      > > It will be available sometime in March.
      > >
      > > Thanks for your attention
      > > Reynard

    • BAZ
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
        Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.

        Sent 'from the road'

        On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jeff,
        > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
        >
        > DANGER - PELIGRO
        > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
        > Do not haul stack container cars or other
        > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
        >
        > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
        > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
        > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas vías de servicio.
        >
        > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
        > on the service tracks.
        >
        > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
        > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
        > X, Y & Z axis.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Reynard
        >

        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
        >
        >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
        >>
        >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
        >>
        >> Jeff
        >> SF Bay Area Z
        >>
        >> On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
        >>
        >>> Hi Zedders,
        >>>
        >>> Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
        >>> your diesels-
        >>> http://www.micronart.com
        >>> It will be available sometime in March.
        >>>
        >>> Thanks for your attention
        >>> Reynard

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
          Hi Jeff,
          Yeah, even as I was copying this stuff
          over for a reply, I knew it did not answer your real question
          but I sent it anyway just for grins ;>)

          The height from foundation (i.e. sitting on my granite surface table)
          to the tippy-top of the sand towers is 2.5775 �.010 inches
          or 65.47 mm as measured using a Mitutoyo
          Absolute Digimatic caliper.

          You should add at least .500" or 12.70 mm to that
          just to make sure you don't bang it on the bottom
          of your overhead stacked modules.

          Hope that answers your real question.
          Sometimes making jokes gets me trouble...

          As for N scale - I have no idea yet as I have not
          yet decided on making it for that scale (market verses price
          verses manufacturing costs plus advertising).
          However, more N requests are welcome and will definitely
          effect the outcome...

          warm regardZ,
          Reynard
          http://www.micronart.com

          On Feb 22, 2013, at 8:42 AM, BAZ wrote:

          > Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.
          >
          > Sent 'from the road'
          >
          > On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Jeff,
          > > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
          > >
          > > DANGER - PELIGRO
          > > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
          > > Do not haul stack container cars or other
          > > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
          > >
          > > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
          > > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
          > > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.
          > >
          > > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
          > > on the service tracks.
          > >
          > > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
          > > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
          > > X, Y & Z axis.
          > >
          > > Best regards,
          > > Reynard
          > >

          > > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
          > >
          > >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
          > >>
          > >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
          > >>
          > >> Jeff
          > >> SF Bay Area Z

        • BAZ
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
            Perfect. That will fit by ~1/2" ('above' your added 1/2" fudge factor.

            Jeff