Re: [Z_Scale] Diesel Locomotive Service Facility

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
      Hi Melissa,

      Metals are essential to building some complex
      models - plastic would have looked lumpy... and wood?

      Even though stainless steel is tough to extract out of the kits,
      it certainly forms well when it comes to intricate detail.
      And it is very durable. These models will be around a
      long, long time ;>)

      Thanks for your appreciation.

      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com

      On Feb 21, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Melissa Cull wrote:

      > Hi Reynard,
      >
      > Wonderful fine quality details. It's going on my shopping list for 2013....
      >
      > Kind RegardZ
      >
      > Melissa
      > UK

    • BAZ
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
        Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?

        N scale also for me, 3 locations.

        Jeff
        SF Bay Area Z

        On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

        > Hi Zedders,
        >
        > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
        > your diesels-
        > http://www.micronart.com
        > It will be available sometime in March.
        >
        > Thanks for your attention
        > Reynard

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
          Hi Jeff,
          Facilities like these often carry the following warning:

          DANGER - PELIGRO
          Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
          Do not haul stack container cars or other
          high, tall freight along these service tracks.

          Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
          No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
          coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.

          So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
          on the service tracks.

          N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
          higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
          X, Y & Z axis.

          Best regards,
          Reynard

          On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:

          > Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
          >
          > N scale also for me, 3 locations.
          >
          > Jeff
          > SF Bay Area Z
          >
          > On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Zedders,
          > >
          > > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
          > > your diesels-
          > > http://www.micronart.com
          > > It will be available sometime in March.
          > >
          > > Thanks for your attention
          > > Reynard

        • BAZ
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
            Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.

            Sent 'from the road'

            On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

            > Hi Jeff,
            > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
            >
            > DANGER - PELIGRO
            > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
            > Do not haul stack container cars or other
            > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
            >
            > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
            > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
            > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas vías de servicio.
            >
            > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
            > on the service tracks.
            >
            > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
            > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
            > X, Y & Z axis.
            >
            > Best regards,
            > Reynard
            >

            > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
            >
            >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
            >>
            >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
            >>
            >> Jeff
            >> SF Bay Area Z
            >>
            >> On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hi Zedders,
            >>>
            >>> Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
            >>> your diesels-
            >>> http://www.micronart.com
            >>> It will be available sometime in March.
            >>>
            >>> Thanks for your attention
            >>> Reynard

          • Reynard Wellman
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
              Hi Jeff,
              Yeah, even as I was copying this stuff
              over for a reply, I knew it did not answer your real question
              but I sent it anyway just for grins ;>)

              The height from foundation (i.e. sitting on my granite surface table)
              to the tippy-top of the sand towers is 2.5775 �.010 inches
              or 65.47 mm as measured using a Mitutoyo
              Absolute Digimatic caliper.

              You should add at least .500" or 12.70 mm to that
              just to make sure you don't bang it on the bottom
              of your overhead stacked modules.

              Hope that answers your real question.
              Sometimes making jokes gets me trouble...

              As for N scale - I have no idea yet as I have not
              yet decided on making it for that scale (market verses price
              verses manufacturing costs plus advertising).
              However, more N requests are welcome and will definitely
              effect the outcome...

              warm regardZ,
              Reynard
              http://www.micronart.com

              On Feb 22, 2013, at 8:42 AM, BAZ wrote:

              > Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.
              >
              > Sent 'from the road'
              >
              > On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi Jeff,
              > > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
              > >
              > > DANGER - PELIGRO
              > > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
              > > Do not haul stack container cars or other
              > > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
              > >
              > > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
              > > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
              > > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.
              > >
              > > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
              > > on the service tracks.
              > >
              > > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
              > > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
              > > X, Y & Z axis.
              > >
              > > Best regards,
              > > Reynard
              > >

              > > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
              > >
              > >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
              > >>
              > >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
              > >>
              > >> Jeff
              > >> SF Bay Area Z

            • BAZ
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                Perfect. That will fit by ~1/2" ('above' your added 1/2" fudge factor.

                Jeff