RE: [Z_Scale] Diesel Locomotive Service Facility

  • Jeff Newburg
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
      This looks terrific! Do you have an estimated price on this yet?

    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
        Hi Melissa,

        Metals are essential to building some complex
        models - plastic would have looked lumpy... and wood?

        Even though stainless steel is tough to extract out of the kits,
        it certainly forms well when it comes to intricate detail.
        And it is very durable. These models will be around a
        long, long time ;>)

        Thanks for your appreciation.

        Reynard
        http://www.micronart.com

        On Feb 21, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Melissa Cull wrote:

        > Hi Reynard,
        >
        > Wonderful fine quality details. It's going on my shopping list for 2013....
        >
        > Kind RegardZ
        >
        > Melissa
        > UK

      • BAZ
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
          Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?

          N scale also for me, 3 locations.

          Jeff
          SF Bay Area Z

          On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

          > Hi Zedders,
          >
          > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
          > your diesels-
          > http://www.micronart.com
          > It will be available sometime in March.
          >
          > Thanks for your attention
          > Reynard

        • Reynard Wellman
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
            Hi Jeff,
            Facilities like these often carry the following warning:

            DANGER - PELIGRO
            Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
            Do not haul stack container cars or other
            high, tall freight along these service tracks.

            Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
            No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
            coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.

            So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
            on the service tracks.

            N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
            higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
            X, Y & Z axis.

            Best regards,
            Reynard

            On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:

            > Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
            >
            > N scale also for me, 3 locations.
            >
            > Jeff
            > SF Bay Area Z
            >
            > On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi Zedders,
            > >
            > > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
            > > your diesels-
            > > http://www.micronart.com
            > > It will be available sometime in March.
            > >
            > > Thanks for your attention
            > > Reynard

          • BAZ
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
              Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.

              Sent 'from the road'

              On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

              > Hi Jeff,
              > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
              >
              > DANGER - PELIGRO
              > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
              > Do not haul stack container cars or other
              > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
              >
              > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
              > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
              > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas vías de servicio.
              >
              > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
              > on the service tracks.
              >
              > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
              > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
              > X, Y & Z axis.
              >
              > Best regards,
              > Reynard
              >

              > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
              >
              >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
              >>
              >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
              >>
              >> Jeff
              >> SF Bay Area Z
              >>
              >> On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
              >>
              >>> Hi Zedders,
              >>>
              >>> Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
              >>> your diesels-
              >>> http://www.micronart.com
              >>> It will be available sometime in March.
              >>>
              >>> Thanks for your attention
              >>> Reynard

            • Reynard Wellman
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                Hi Jeff,
                Yeah, even as I was copying this stuff
                over for a reply, I knew it did not answer your real question
                but I sent it anyway just for grins ;>)

                The height from foundation (i.e. sitting on my granite surface table)
                to the tippy-top of the sand towers is 2.5775 �.010 inches
                or 65.47 mm as measured using a Mitutoyo
                Absolute Digimatic caliper.

                You should add at least .500" or 12.70 mm to that
                just to make sure you don't bang it on the bottom
                of your overhead stacked modules.

                Hope that answers your real question.
                Sometimes making jokes gets me trouble...

                As for N scale - I have no idea yet as I have not
                yet decided on making it for that scale (market verses price
                verses manufacturing costs plus advertising).
                However, more N requests are welcome and will definitely
                effect the outcome...

                warm regardZ,
                Reynard
                http://www.micronart.com

                On Feb 22, 2013, at 8:42 AM, BAZ wrote:

                > Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.
                >
                > Sent 'from the road'
                >
                > On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Hi Jeff,
                > > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
                > >
                > > DANGER - PELIGRO
                > > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
                > > Do not haul stack container cars or other
                > > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
                > >
                > > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
                > > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
                > > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.
                > >
                > > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
                > > on the service tracks.
                > >
                > > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
                > > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
                > > X, Y & Z axis.
                > >
                > > Best regards,
                > > Reynard
                > >

                > > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
                > >
                > >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
                > >>
                > >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
                > >>
                > >> Jeff
                > >> SF Bay Area Z

              • BAZ
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                  Perfect. That will fit by ~1/2" ('above' your added 1/2" fudge factor.

                  Jeff