RE: [Z_Scale] Diesel Locomotive Service Facility

  • Jeff Newburg
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
      This looks terrific! Do you have an estimated price on this yet?

    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
        Hi Dave,

        I have no doubt that it should be offered in that scale (N).
        We will have to estimate some of the costs very carefully
        as to practicality. Diesels rule the model train world these days!

        Thanks for the question.

        Reynard
        http://www.micronart.com

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
          Hi Melissa,

          Metals are essential to building some complex
          models - plastic would have looked lumpy... and wood?

          Even though stainless steel is tough to extract out of the kits,
          it certainly forms well when it comes to intricate detail.
          And it is very durable. These models will be around a
          long, long time ;>)

          Thanks for your appreciation.

          Reynard
          http://www.micronart.com

          On Feb 21, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Melissa Cull wrote:

          > Hi Reynard,
          >
          > Wonderful fine quality details. It's going on my shopping list for 2013....
          >
          > Kind RegardZ
          >
          > Melissa
          > UK

        • BAZ
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
            Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?

            N scale also for me, 3 locations.

            Jeff
            SF Bay Area Z

            On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

            > Hi Zedders,
            >
            > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
            > your diesels-
            > http://www.micronart.com
            > It will be available sometime in March.
            >
            > Thanks for your attention
            > Reynard

          • Reynard Wellman
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
              Hi Jeff,
              Facilities like these often carry the following warning:

              DANGER - PELIGRO
              Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
              Do not haul stack container cars or other
              high, tall freight along these service tracks.

              Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
              No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
              coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.

              So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
              on the service tracks.

              N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
              higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
              X, Y & Z axis.

              Best regards,
              Reynard

              On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:

              > Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
              >
              > N scale also for me, 3 locations.
              >
              > Jeff
              > SF Bay Area Z
              >
              > On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi Zedders,
              > >
              > > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
              > > your diesels-
              > > http://www.micronart.com
              > > It will be available sometime in March.
              > >
              > > Thanks for your attention
              > > Reynard

            • BAZ
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.

                Sent 'from the road'

                On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

                > Hi Jeff,
                > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
                >
                > DANGER - PELIGRO
                > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
                > Do not haul stack container cars or other
                > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
                >
                > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
                > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
                > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas vías de servicio.
                >
                > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
                > on the service tracks.
                >
                > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
                > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
                > X, Y & Z axis.
                >
                > Best regards,
                > Reynard
                >

                > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
                >
                >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
                >>
                >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
                >>
                >> Jeff
                >> SF Bay Area Z
                >>
                >> On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
                >>
                >>> Hi Zedders,
                >>>
                >>> Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
                >>> your diesels-
                >>> http://www.micronart.com
                >>> It will be available sometime in March.
                >>>
                >>> Thanks for your attention
                >>> Reynard

              • Reynard Wellman
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                  Hi Jeff,
                  Yeah, even as I was copying this stuff
                  over for a reply, I knew it did not answer your real question
                  but I sent it anyway just for grins ;>)

                  The height from foundation (i.e. sitting on my granite surface table)
                  to the tippy-top of the sand towers is 2.5775 �.010 inches
                  or 65.47 mm as measured using a Mitutoyo
                  Absolute Digimatic caliper.

                  You should add at least .500" or 12.70 mm to that
                  just to make sure you don't bang it on the bottom
                  of your overhead stacked modules.

                  Hope that answers your real question.
                  Sometimes making jokes gets me trouble...

                  As for N scale - I have no idea yet as I have not
                  yet decided on making it for that scale (market verses price
                  verses manufacturing costs plus advertising).
                  However, more N requests are welcome and will definitely
                  effect the outcome...

                  warm regardZ,
                  Reynard
                  http://www.micronart.com

                  On Feb 22, 2013, at 8:42 AM, BAZ wrote:

                  > Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.
                  >
                  > Sent 'from the road'
                  >
                  > On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hi Jeff,
                  > > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
                  > >
                  > > DANGER - PELIGRO
                  > > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
                  > > Do not haul stack container cars or other
                  > > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
                  > >
                  > > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
                  > > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
                  > > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.
                  > >
                  > > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
                  > > on the service tracks.
                  > >
                  > > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
                  > > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
                  > > X, Y & Z axis.
                  > >
                  > > Best regards,
                  > > Reynard
                  > >

                  > > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
                  > >
                  > >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
                  > >>
                  > >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
                  > >>
                  > >> Jeff
                  > >> SF Bay Area Z

                • BAZ
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                    Perfect. That will fit by ~1/2" ('above' your added 1/2" fudge factor.

                    Jeff