RE: [Z_Scale] Diesel Locomotive Service Facility

  • Melissa Cull
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
      Hi Reynard,

      Wonderful fine quality details. It's going on my shopping list for 2013....

      Kind RegardZ

      Melissa
      UK

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
        This looks terrific! Do you have an estimated price on this yet?

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
          Hi Dave,

          I have no doubt that it should be offered in that scale (N).
          We will have to estimate some of the costs very carefully
          as to practicality. Diesels rule the model train world these days!

          Thanks for the question.

          Reynard
          http://www.micronart.com

        • Reynard Wellman
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
            Hi Melissa,

            Metals are essential to building some complex
            models - plastic would have looked lumpy... and wood?

            Even though stainless steel is tough to extract out of the kits,
            it certainly forms well when it comes to intricate detail.
            And it is very durable. These models will be around a
            long, long time ;>)

            Thanks for your appreciation.

            Reynard
            http://www.micronart.com

            On Feb 21, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Melissa Cull wrote:

            > Hi Reynard,
            >
            > Wonderful fine quality details. It's going on my shopping list for 2013....
            >
            > Kind RegardZ
            >
            > Melissa
            > UK

          • BAZ
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
              Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?

              N scale also for me, 3 locations.

              Jeff
              SF Bay Area Z

              On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

              > Hi Zedders,
              >
              > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
              > your diesels-
              > http://www.micronart.com
              > It will be available sometime in March.
              >
              > Thanks for your attention
              > Reynard

            • Reynard Wellman
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
                Hi Jeff,
                Facilities like these often carry the following warning:

                DANGER - PELIGRO
                Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
                Do not haul stack container cars or other
                high, tall freight along these service tracks.

                Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
                No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
                coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.

                So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
                on the service tracks.

                N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
                higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
                X, Y & Z axis.

                Best regards,
                Reynard

                On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:

                > Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
                >
                > N scale also for me, 3 locations.
                >
                > Jeff
                > SF Bay Area Z
                >
                > On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Hi Zedders,
                > >
                > > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
                > > your diesels-
                > > http://www.micronart.com
                > > It will be available sometime in March.
                > >
                > > Thanks for your attention
                > > Reynard

              • BAZ
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                  Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.

                  Sent 'from the road'

                  On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Jeff,
                  > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
                  >
                  > DANGER - PELIGRO
                  > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
                  > Do not haul stack container cars or other
                  > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
                  >
                  > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
                  > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
                  > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas vías de servicio.
                  >
                  > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
                  > on the service tracks.
                  >
                  > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
                  > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
                  > X, Y & Z axis.
                  >
                  > Best regards,
                  > Reynard
                  >

                  > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
                  >
                  >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
                  >>
                  >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
                  >>
                  >> Jeff
                  >> SF Bay Area Z
                  >>
                  >> On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Hi Zedders,
                  >>>
                  >>> Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
                  >>> your diesels-
                  >>> http://www.micronart.com
                  >>> It will be available sometime in March.
                  >>>
                  >>> Thanks for your attention
                  >>> Reynard

                • Reynard Wellman
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                    Hi Jeff,
                    Yeah, even as I was copying this stuff
                    over for a reply, I knew it did not answer your real question
                    but I sent it anyway just for grins ;>)

                    The height from foundation (i.e. sitting on my granite surface table)
                    to the tippy-top of the sand towers is 2.5775 �.010 inches
                    or 65.47 mm as measured using a Mitutoyo
                    Absolute Digimatic caliper.

                    You should add at least .500" or 12.70 mm to that
                    just to make sure you don't bang it on the bottom
                    of your overhead stacked modules.

                    Hope that answers your real question.
                    Sometimes making jokes gets me trouble...

                    As for N scale - I have no idea yet as I have not
                    yet decided on making it for that scale (market verses price
                    verses manufacturing costs plus advertising).
                    However, more N requests are welcome and will definitely
                    effect the outcome...

                    warm regardZ,
                    Reynard
                    http://www.micronart.com

                    On Feb 22, 2013, at 8:42 AM, BAZ wrote:

                    > Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.
                    >
                    > Sent 'from the road'
                    >
                    > On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hi Jeff,
                    > > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
                    > >
                    > > DANGER - PELIGRO
                    > > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
                    > > Do not haul stack container cars or other
                    > > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
                    > >
                    > > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
                    > > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
                    > > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.
                    > >
                    > > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
                    > > on the service tracks.
                    > >
                    > > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
                    > > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
                    > > X, Y & Z axis.
                    > >
                    > > Best regards,
                    > > Reynard
                    > >

                    > > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
                    > >
                    > >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
                    > >>
                    > >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
                    > >>
                    > >> Jeff
                    > >> SF Bay Area Z

                  • BAZ
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                      Perfect. That will fit by ~1/2" ('above' your added 1/2" fudge factor.

                      Jeff