Re: [Z_Scale] Diesel Locomotive Service Facility

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
      Hi Rob,
      Thanks. It took a lot of research to understand
      what a complete turnaround facility has
      and then design something that was build-able.
      One of the most complete kits I've ever
      delved into.

      Thank you for the excellent help that you have
      provided for my business over years!

      Our quest is to create accurate, fun and interesting
      Z scale products for all of us Zed-heads ;>)

      Reynard
      On Feb 21, 2013, at 6:50 AM, Robert Kluz wrote:

      > Reynard it looks great!!!
      >
      > Rob
      >
      > On Feb 20, 2013, at 11:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Zedders,
      > >
      > > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
      > > your diesels-
      > > http://www.micronart.com
      > > It will be available sometime in March.
      > >
      > > Thanks for your attention
      > > Reynard

      > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      > Distributor American Z Line
      > Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
      > and Tenshodo dealer
      > www.ztrack.com
      > www.ztrackcenter.com
      > www.ztrackresale.com
      > www.zscaletrack.com
      > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
      > Dublin OH 43016
      > (614) 764-1703

    • David Mummery
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
        Morning Reynard,

        The model looks great!
        Are going to offer it in N scale?
        Many Thanks,
        Dave

        Dave Mummery

        http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
        http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

        From: Reynard Wellman <micron@...>
        Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:30:45
        To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Diesel Locomotive Service Facility

        Hi Rob,
        Thanks. It took a lot of research to understand
        what a complete turnaround facility has
        and then design something that was build-able.
        One of the most complete kits I've ever
        delved into.

        Thank you for the excellent help that you have
        provided for my business over years!

        Our quest is to create accurate, fun and interesting
        Z scale products for all of us Zed-heads ;>)

        Reynard
        On Feb 21, 2013, at 6:50 AM, Robert Kluz wrote:

        > Reynard it looks great!!!
        >
        > Rob
        >
        > On Feb 20, 2013, at 11:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi Zedders,
        > >
        > > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
        > > your diesels-
        > > http://www.micronart.com
        > > It will be available sometime in March.
        > >
        > > Thanks for your attention
        > > Reynard

        > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        > Distributor American Z Line
        > Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
        > and Tenshodo dealer
        > www.ztrack.com <http://www.ztrack.com>
        > www.ztrackcenter.com <http://www.ztrackcenter.com>
        > www.ztrackresale.com <http://www.ztrackresale.com>
        > www.zscaletrack.com <http://www.zscaletrack.com>
        > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
        > Dublin OH 43016
        > (614) 764-1703

      • Melissa Cull
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
          Hi Reynard,

          Wonderful fine quality details. It's going on my shopping list for 2013....

          Kind RegardZ

          Melissa
          UK

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
            This looks terrific! Do you have an estimated price on this yet?

          • Reynard Wellman
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
              Hi Dave,

              I have no doubt that it should be offered in that scale (N).
              We will have to estimate some of the costs very carefully
              as to practicality. Diesels rule the model train world these days!

              Thanks for the question.

              Reynard
              http://www.micronart.com

            • Reynard Wellman
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
                Hi Melissa,

                Metals are essential to building some complex
                models - plastic would have looked lumpy... and wood?

                Even though stainless steel is tough to extract out of the kits,
                it certainly forms well when it comes to intricate detail.
                And it is very durable. These models will be around a
                long, long time ;>)

                Thanks for your appreciation.

                Reynard
                http://www.micronart.com

                On Feb 21, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Melissa Cull wrote:

                > Hi Reynard,
                >
                > Wonderful fine quality details. It's going on my shopping list for 2013....
                >
                > Kind RegardZ
                >
                > Melissa
                > UK

              • BAZ
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
                  Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?

                  N scale also for me, 3 locations.

                  Jeff
                  SF Bay Area Z

                  On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Zedders,
                  >
                  > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
                  > your diesels-
                  > http://www.micronart.com
                  > It will be available sometime in March.
                  >
                  > Thanks for your attention
                  > Reynard

                • Reynard Wellman
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 21, 2013
                    Hi Jeff,
                    Facilities like these often carry the following warning:

                    DANGER - PELIGRO
                    Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
                    Do not haul stack container cars or other
                    high, tall freight along these service tracks.

                    Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
                    No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
                    coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.

                    So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
                    on the service tracks.

                    N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
                    higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
                    X, Y & Z axis.

                    Best regards,
                    Reynard

                    On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:

                    > Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
                    >
                    > N scale also for me, 3 locations.
                    >
                    > Jeff
                    > SF Bay Area Z
                    >
                    > On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hi Zedders,
                    > >
                    > > Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
                    > > your diesels-
                    > > http://www.micronart.com
                    > > It will be available sometime in March.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for your attention
                    > > Reynard

                  • BAZ
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                      Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.

                      Sent 'from the road'

                      On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Jeff,
                      > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
                      >
                      > DANGER - PELIGRO
                      > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
                      > Do not haul stack container cars or other
                      > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
                      >
                      > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
                      > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
                      > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas vías de servicio.
                      >
                      > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
                      > on the service tracks.
                      >
                      > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
                      > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
                      > X, Y & Z axis.
                      >
                      > Best regards,
                      > Reynard
                      >

                      > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
                      >
                      >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
                      >>
                      >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
                      >>
                      >> Jeff
                      >> SF Bay Area Z
                      >>
                      >> On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >>> Hi Zedders,
                      >>>
                      >>> Here's an image of an upcoming cool new product for all
                      >>> your diesels-
                      >>> http://www.micronart.com
                      >>> It will be available sometime in March.
                      >>>
                      >>> Thanks for your attention
                      >>> Reynard

                    • Reynard Wellman
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                        Hi Jeff,
                        Yeah, even as I was copying this stuff
                        over for a reply, I knew it did not answer your real question
                        but I sent it anyway just for grins ;>)

                        The height from foundation (i.e. sitting on my granite surface table)
                        to the tippy-top of the sand towers is 2.5775 �.010 inches
                        or 65.47 mm as measured using a Mitutoyo
                        Absolute Digimatic caliper.

                        You should add at least .500" or 12.70 mm to that
                        just to make sure you don't bang it on the bottom
                        of your overhead stacked modules.

                        Hope that answers your real question.
                        Sometimes making jokes gets me trouble...

                        As for N scale - I have no idea yet as I have not
                        yet decided on making it for that scale (market verses price
                        verses manufacturing costs plus advertising).
                        However, more N requests are welcome and will definitely
                        effect the outcome...

                        warm regardZ,
                        Reynard
                        http://www.micronart.com

                        On Feb 22, 2013, at 8:42 AM, BAZ wrote:

                        > Hah, funny! But do need the approx vertical dimensions (inches) to be sure it will fit under the other module when stored.
                        >
                        > Sent 'from the road'
                        >
                        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:07 PM, Reynard Wellman micron@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Hi Jeff,
                        > > Facilities like these often carry the following warning:
                        > >
                        > > DANGER - PELIGRO
                        > > Diesel Locomotive Service Only.
                        > > Do not haul stack container cars or other
                        > > high, tall freight along these service tracks.
                        > >
                        > > Se trata de un centro de servicio locomotora diesel.
                        > > No transportar coches de pila de contenedores u otros
                        > > coches de alta, fletes altos a lo largo de estas v�as de servicio.
                        > >
                        > > So if you do use these items do not run stack container cars
                        > > on the service tracks.
                        > >
                        > > N scale maybe. The price would have to be 35% to 40%
                        > > higher than Z scale. N scale is bigger in all three dimensions:
                        > > X, Y & Z axis.
                        > >
                        > > Best regards,
                        > > Reynard
                        > >

                        > > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:36 PM, BAZ wrote:
                        > >
                        > >> Awesome. I'll have to see if I have the vertical to stack my show modules. How tall will it be?
                        > >>
                        > >> N scale also for me, 3 locations.
                        > >>
                        > >> Jeff
                        > >> SF Bay Area Z

                      • BAZ
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 22, 2013
                          Perfect. That will fit by ~1/2" ('above' your added 1/2" fudge factor.

                          Jeff