Rokuhan update new product available

  • Garth Hamilton
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013
      I have been testing the new Rokuhan curved turnout R195 mm to R 220
      mm, R026 and R027, wood tie, R57 R58 for Precast concrete ties. They
      come set up for power routing, but as with other Rokuhan turnouts it
      can be converted to non power routing by inserting two screw in the
      bottom plate as shown in their instruction sheet with the screws
      supplied. Rokuhan states that the only engine that does not work on
      this turnout is the Tenshodo C52 (Hudson). I found that the Hudson
      will transit from small radius to larger radius fine but does not like
      going the other way. IN Nn3 My K27 and K28 operate fine through these
      turnouts, In fact I did not find anything in my stable of Z and Nn3
      that would not run through this turnout . They are available in Japan
      now and should be available in North America in late April or early
      May. Somebody else will have to comment on Big Boys and Challengers
      and GS4's in Z.

      best regards Garth
    • Malcolm Kent Cleaveland
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2013
        Garth,

        Thank you very much for your Rokuhan updates. Reliable curved turnouts will be an important addition to Z scale. It's too bad the tie spacing is European instead of N. American, but it seems ideal for the Nn3 railroaders. And, on a Z scale layout that is a small price to pay for reliable running.

        CheerZ,
        -- Malcolm Z
        MCZ Models