Re: [Z_Scale] Marklin's 5 3/4 inch (#8510) curve track

  • Nathan Leon
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 19 9:24 AM
      Eddie,

      Just a thought, but it sounds like if the track is flush with the opened case, then the cars can exceed the wall of the case while the track just squeaks in.

      Nathan
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19 12:26 PM
        If you build into a case, put it on the lower profile lid (upside down case).
        This allows for much better visual, instead of looking down inside.  Similar to
        Nathan's comment.
         Jeff
        SF Bay Area Z

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 19 12:51 PM
          Hi all,
          Eddie, have you considered building you own case?
          Jeff,agreed.Having the the lower half(and the baseboard above that
          will make the layout look bigger.To make a scene/layout look bigger the
          background rises(hills,trees,etc.) Smaller, the layout slopes down,scenery
          wise.
          In any case*cough* I would still hinge the baseboard so it can be lifted
          for wiring/maintenance/gremlins.

          Best,Kev

          Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

        • Eddie Hen
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 19 8:13 PM
            Thank everone for your comments. I'm starting to go down the road of building my own case. It will be awhile, just had shoulder surgery.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 20 7:22 PM
              Thanks Nathan.