Re: [Z_Scale] Marklin's 5 3/4 inch (#8510) curve track

  • Eddie Hen
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2013
      Jeff,
        Thank you so much for your response. Guess it's back to looking for another case.....  Eddie

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19, 2013
        Eddie,

        Just a thought, but it sounds like if the track is flush with the opened case, then the cars can exceed the wall of the case while the track just squeaks in.

        Nathan
      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 19, 2013
          If you build into a case, put it on the lower profile lid (upside down case).
          This allows for much better visual, instead of looking down inside.  Similar to
          Nathan's comment.
           Jeff
          SF Bay Area Z

          ________________________________

          wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I'm new to Z trains and do not have a dealer anywhere close to me for guidance
          >or purchases. Do you think Marklin's 5 3/4 inch (#8510) curve track , making a
          >half circle, will fit in an area which is 12" wide? I want to make a portable
          >train lay out in a 12 3/4 inch wide by 34 inch long case.
          >
          > I have Marklin #81865 train set. The engine is pretty long. Not even sure the
          >engine can handle the curve.......

        • Kevin Brady
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 19, 2013
            Hi all,
            Eddie, have you considered building you own case?
            Jeff,agreed.Having the the lower half(and the baseboard above that
            will make the layout look bigger.To make a scene/layout look bigger the
            background rises(hills,trees,etc.) Smaller, the layout slopes down,scenery
            wise.
            In any case*cough* I would still hinge the baseboard so it can be lifted
            for wiring/maintenance/gremlins.

            Best,Kev

            Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

          • Eddie Hen
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 19, 2013
              Thank everone for your comments. I'm starting to go down the road of building my own case. It will be awhile, just had shoulder surgery.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 20, 2013
                Thanks Nathan.