Re: Marklin 8864

  • tony_wheeler63
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
      Marklin 8864
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/z_scale/photos/album/1563451193/pic/17752\
      79872/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc>

      Kev,

      Here's a link and I've circled the part loc that I'm missing.

      Thanks,

      Tony

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "tony_wheeler63" wrote:

      > For those of you that own Marklin's (8864)little diesel switcher, how
      do you keep from losing the plastic top on the housing? I have three of
      these amazing little machines and have lost the plastic top for one. You
      would think that you could buy just the top but you have to buy an
      entire housing. I can't see putting that much money into one when you
      can find a used 8864 for 40-50 dollars. does anyone know of a sourse for
      just the plastic top.

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Tony

    • Kevin Brady
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
        Hi Tony,all,
        Well,.....how are your scratch building skills? :-)
        Other options: Do have a M dealer?They *might* be able to order it as a
        spare part.
        Try eBay

        Dr D

        On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 6:24 AM, tony_wheeler63 <tony_wheeler63@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > The silver roof top that is attached to the metal housing.
        >
        > Tony
        >
        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Brady wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Tony,all,
        > > Exactly what did you lose?
        > >
        > > Best,Kev
        > >
        > > On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM, tony_wheeler63
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > > > **
        > > >

        > > > For those of you that own Marklin's (8864)little diesel switcher, how
        > do
        > > > you keep from losing the plastic top on the housing? I have three of
        > these
        > > > amazing little machines and have lost the plastic top for one. You
        > would
        > > > think that you could buy just the top but you have to buy an entire
        > > > housing. I can't see putting that much money into one when you can
        > find a
        > > > used 8864 for 40-50 dollars. does anyone know of a sourse for just the
        > > > plastic top.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > >
        > > > Tony
        > > >

        > > --
        > > Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

        Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

      • THOMAS KARAGIANNIS
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
          There are some used 8864 at German eBay maybe you can buy one at low price or build your own from plastic sheet.

          Thomas

          Www.thomasworkbench.com