Re: [Z_Scale] Marklin 8864

  • Kevin Brady
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
      Hi Tony,all,
      Exactly what did you lose?

      Best,Kev

      --
      Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

    • tony_wheeler63
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
        The silver roof top that is attached to the metal housing.

        Tony

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
          Marklin 8864
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/z_scale/photos/album/1563451193/pic/17752\
          79872/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc>

          Kev,

          Here's a link and I've circled the part loc that I'm missing.

          Thanks,

          Tony

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "tony_wheeler63" wrote:

          > For those of you that own Marklin's (8864)little diesel switcher, how
          do you keep from losing the plastic top on the housing? I have three of
          these amazing little machines and have lost the plastic top for one. You
          would think that you could buy just the top but you have to buy an
          entire housing. I can't see putting that much money into one when you
          can find a used 8864 for 40-50 dollars. does anyone know of a sourse for
          just the plastic top.

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Tony

        • Kevin Brady
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
            Hi Tony,all,
            Well,.....how are your scratch building skills? :-)
            Other options: Do have a M dealer?They *might* be able to order it as a
            spare part.
            Try eBay

            Dr D

            On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 6:24 AM, tony_wheeler63 <tony_wheeler63@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > The silver roof top that is attached to the metal housing.
            >
            > Tony
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Brady wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Tony,all,
            > > Exactly what did you lose?
            > >
            > > Best,Kev
            > >
            > > On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM, tony_wheeler63
            > > wrote:
            > >
            > > > **
            > > >

            > > > For those of you that own Marklin's (8864)little diesel switcher, how
            > do
            > > > you keep from losing the plastic top on the housing? I have three of
            > these
            > > > amazing little machines and have lost the plastic top for one. You
            > would
            > > > think that you could buy just the top but you have to buy an entire
            > > > housing. I can't see putting that much money into one when you can
            > find a
            > > > used 8864 for 40-50 dollars. does anyone know of a sourse for just the
            > > > plastic top.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > >
            > > > Tony
            > > >

            > > --
            > > Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

            Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

          • THOMAS KARAGIANNIS
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
              There are some used 8864 at German eBay maybe you can buy one at low price or build your own from plastic sheet.

              Thomas

              Www.thomasworkbench.com