Re: [Z_Scale] Re: soldering leads to Marklin contact tracks

  • Kevin Brady
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2013
      Hi Marty,all,

      On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:04 PM, holdthefort57 <mmbless@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > >My soldering skills are a little rusty, but I've been practicing on some
      > scrap track and I've gotten fairly good at soldering feeders to the sides
      > of track without melting ties or to (loose) rail joiners.<

      That is good advise to practice on scrape rail.I like to solder feeders
      under the rails and with a mico tip on the soldering iron it is easy and if
      your unsure heat sinks can protect the plastic ties/sleepers.

      >Flipping over the contract track, there is a nice spot to solder to on the
      single terminal side, in fact it looks like that whole terminal pad can be
      completely trimmed off, but the side with two terminals doesn't have much
      to work with on the bottom, just very small painted tabs. On the top side,
      I found that removing the upper half of the clips opens up a small oblong
      area that can be soldered to. <

      > Marty,what are you doing with the contact/circuit tracks?

      Kev

      --
      Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service