Re: When will the time come for Switchers?

  • w_a_roehrich
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 5, 2013
      Times changed. When i started as engineer we used old british 3 axles shunters for switching and branch line transport, while using French and US license Loco´s on our mainlines. Later, the old stuff went to the shredder or was sold to foreign companies, or, after cleansing of Asbestos, sold to new freight operators and railmaintenance llc´s.
      Our Cargocorp was sold to Deutsche Bahn and is nowadays known as DB Schenker. Schenker uses mainly BR189 and NS1800 ( BB7200 ), aswell as MaK 6400 ( DE 1002 ).
      Almost both 6400 series are bunkered at Amersfoort Freight Station and Amersfoort Army Yard.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_Class_600
      http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_2200
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_1600_Class

      also see here:

      http://www.nicospilt.com/index3.html

      There is a variety of Maerklin switchers:
      BR V60
      BR V100
      BR 89
      BR 94