Re: [Z_Scale] Re: When will the time come for Switchers?

  • ddechamp71
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 5, 2013
      Myself I'm doing my switching with a good old GP9 - still wearing its NH paintscheme as I've still not decided how I will repaint it. If one day I can find a SW1500 or a MP15 I will take one but I'm not in a hurry for that. As so many industries and shortlines indeed perform their switching operations with 1st generation road diesels I'm very happy with my Geep.
      Dom

      Ce message a �t� envoy� depuis un terminal BlackBerry de Bouygues Telecom

      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 5, 2013
        Times changed. When i started as engineer we used old british 3 axles shunters for switching and branch line transport, while using French and US license Loco´s on our mainlines. Later, the old stuff went to the shredder or was sold to foreign companies, or, after cleansing of Asbestos, sold to new freight operators and railmaintenance llc´s.
        Our Cargocorp was sold to Deutsche Bahn and is nowadays known as DB Schenker. Schenker uses mainly BR189 and NS1800 ( BB7200 ), aswell as MaK 6400 ( DE 1002 ).
        Almost both 6400 series are bunkered at Amersfoort Freight Station and Amersfoort Army Yard.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_Class_600
        http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_2200
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_1600_Class

        also see here:

        http://www.nicospilt.com/index3.html

        There is a variety of Maerklin switchers:
        BR V60
        BR V100
        BR 89
        BR 94