Re: [Z_Scale] Re: When will the time come for Switchers?

  • Nathan Leon
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 4, 2013
      90% of a model is still better than 0.

      --- On Mon, 2/4/13, publickarl wrote:

      From: publickarl
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: When will the time come for Switchers?
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, February 4, 2013, 10:03 AM

      > I want a GE 70 tonner in Z scale.

      That might be a tight fit. The truck of the 70T extends a bit beyond the back of the cab; the PowerMAX truck might not fit under the frame there--certainly not with the pivot mounting shown in the drawings. Of course, one could cheat a bit and move the truck forward some.
    • ddechamp71
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 5, 2013
        Myself I'm doing my switching with a good old GP9 - still wearing its NH paintscheme as I've still not decided how I will repaint it. If one day I can find a SW1500 or a MP15 I will take one but I'm not in a hurry for that. As so many industries and shortlines indeed perform their switching operations with 1st generation road diesels I'm very happy with my Geep.
        Dom

        Ce message a �t� envoy� depuis un terminal BlackBerry de Bouygues Telecom

        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 5, 2013
          Times changed. When i started as engineer we used old british 3 axles shunters for switching and branch line transport, while using French and US license Loco´s on our mainlines. Later, the old stuff went to the shredder or was sold to foreign companies, or, after cleansing of Asbestos, sold to new freight operators and railmaintenance llc´s.
          Our Cargocorp was sold to Deutsche Bahn and is nowadays known as DB Schenker. Schenker uses mainly BR189 and NS1800 ( BB7200 ), aswell as MaK 6400 ( DE 1002 ).
          Almost both 6400 series are bunkered at Amersfoort Freight Station and Amersfoort Army Yard.

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_Class_600
          http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_2200
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_1600_Class

          also see here:

          http://www.nicospilt.com/index3.html

          There is a variety of Maerklin switchers:
          BR V60
          BR V100
          BR 89
          BR 94