Re: double slip switch lantern (point indicator)

  • holdthefort57
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2013
      Thanks for the link, Kev. Yeah, the questions is whether anyone makes one, or it could be a fun project with LED's or fiber optics.

      Marty

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Brady wrote:

      > Hi Marty,all,
      > You'll need a Doppelte Kreuzungsweichen *(DKW)*
      >
      > see: http://www.sh1.org/eisenbahn/snwn.htm
      >
      > Don't know if anyone makes one is Z,...
      >
      > Best,Kev

    • Kevin Brady
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 30, 2013
        Hi Marty,all,
        Good luck! Make a bunch and we can sell them! :-) Trouble
        is making it work in Z. I had a Weinert one in HO,lighting was no
        problem,it was making the tiny arms move that caused nightmares,LOL!

        Kev

        --
        Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

      • BAZ
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2013
          Koenig (König)-something likely makes a suitable one. Let me see if I can find the site. He makes a lot of custom track and details.

          Sent 'from the road'

          On Jan 30, 2013, at 11:57 AM, "holdthefort57" <mmbless@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the link, Kev. Yeah, the questions is whether anyone makes one, or it could be a fun project with LED's or fiber optics.
          >
          > Marty
          >
          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Brady wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Marty,all,
          > > You'll need a Doppelte Kreuzungsweichen *(DKW)*
          > >
          > > see: http://www.sh1.org/eisenbahn/snwn.htm
          > >
          > > Don't know if anyone makes one is Z,...
          > >
          > > Best,Kev

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
            The manufacturer I was looking for is König - modelltechnik in Germany.
            http://www.weichenlaterne.de/index.html%c2%a0 Click the Weichenantreib link for:
            http://www.weichenlaterne.de/pageID_1768929.html

            Fritz Zenn has nearly the same:
            http://www.awlingen.de/Bauteile/FSen/index.html

            Hopefuly this translate link works:
            http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.awlingen.de%2FBauteile%2FFSen%2Findex.html

             Jeff
            SF Bay Area Z

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3, 2013
              Hi Jeff,all,
              Nice stuff!
              However a double slip requires a DWK.

              Dr Dirt

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013
                Hi Jeff,

                Thanks for digging up the links; the drive motors would be nice for the rotating indicators for a regular switch, but the double slip switch indicator is made up of 4 segments like the legs of an X that are displayed in pairs to show the indications
                < > / and \
                I've looked at LEDs (hard to get the right size), LED displays (too big and thick), linear lamps ($$$) and finally just bought some 1.2 mm bulbs today to see what I can fabricate.

                Marty

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jeff wrote:

                > The manufacturer I was looking for is König - modelltechnik in Germany.
                > http://www.weichenlaterne.de/index.html%c3%82%c2%a0 Click the Weichenantreib link for:
                > http://www.weichenlaterne.de/pageID_1768929.html
                >
                > Fritz Zenn has nearly the same:
                > http://www.awlingen.de/Bauteile/FSen/index.html
                >

                > Hopefuly this translate link works:
                > http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.awlingen.de%2FBauteile%2FFSen%2Findex.html
                >
                >  Jeff
                > SF Bay Area Z
              • w_a_roehrich
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
                  Hi, for my N stuff i did some research for point switching motors and found a good and cheap alternative. A Glö(oe)ckner Drive, which is based on a dubble relais with mechanical indicator.
                  Have a look here:

                  http://www.modellbau-gloeckner.de/17201/18301.html

                  There´s a report in the MIBA Magazine about it.
                  I bought those Relais at an Austrian electronics discounter:

                  http://www.neuhold-elektronik.at/catshop/product_info.php?cPath=41_55&products_id=943

                  For my points i needed some 20 relais, but to see their position on my semi SIEMENS DrS60 tableau, i needed another 20 Relais to combine to the points´ relais.
                  When evrything will be installed i need to push the BFT pushbutton together with all point-pushbuttons to activate the road, also i can see on the display where the train´s been directed to. A bit "oldfashioned", but it is worth it.

                  August