Finding parts that go SPROING

  • Danny Goodman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2013
      One night I lost a Marklin electric locomotive pantograph spring to the carpet. Closeup visual and magnet search proved futile.

      I ended up going "all CSI" on it.

      I have one of those Dyson vacuums with the plastic dust holder. After cleaning out the holder, I vacuumed the suspected area. Then I dumped what little dust came up onto a spread-out newspaper and started manually poking through the debris. Voila!

      Danny
    • Kevin Brady
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2013
        Hi all,
        Nice CSI job Danny! :-)

        Other: panty hose over any vacuum hose nozzle,..

        Dr D

        --
        Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2013
          Danny,

          Interesting solution to your lost spring dilemma. The things we Z scalers
          have to endure......oh the inhumanity.

          Congratulations on finding your lost spring. Just don't ever lose your
          marbles in this hobby. :o)

          Loren

        • ejshelton@juno.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
            I was going to suggest the panty hose solution. OT.......a friend of mine is a watchmaker. He told me once that all watchmakers are very religious......the spend a lot of time on their knees.......lol EllenIndianapolis
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
              Hi all,
              LOL! Lord,please let me find the *&^%$#@ small part! LOL!
              Thanks for the laugh!