Re: [Z_Scale] Signals and placement and 1 more Q.

  • Edward Scullin
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
      I'll second the motion.Ed Scullin

      --- On Fri, 1/25/13, Loren Snyder <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

      From: Loren Snyder <ljsnyder@...>
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Signals and placement and 1 more Q.
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 25, 2013, 7:15 AM

      Hi Reynard,

      What's the news regarding the detailing kits for the AZL GP 38s? Almost

      ready?

      Loren

      Date: 1/25/2013 6:23:21 AM

      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

      Hello Eric,

      We make two types of (non-electrical) RR track signal kits:

      http://www.micronart.com/1024_triple_searchlight.html

      http://www.micronart.com/1022_double_searchlight.html

      These use Swarovski™ colored crystals to simulate lighted signals.

      Here is an article on railroad signals that may be of interest to you:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_railroad_signals

      Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you.

      Reynard Wellman

      http://www.micronart.com

      On Jan 24, 2013, at 4:09 PM, proverbs30789 wrote:

      > Hey all!

      > It has been quite a while since I posted anything. I was wondering if

      anyone knows of a publication that would show what types of signals would be

      used trackside and where they would be placed. I would love to add some Z

      scale signals to my layout but I am completely lost. If it helps, I am

      modeling GN, NP, SP&S and BN.

      > Second question:

      > I recently saw some American steam shells for sale on E-Bay that use

      Marklin guts. I know that republiclocomotiveworks.com use to carry some.

      Anyone have any idea where a 0-6-0, 0-8-0 or any other Z scale steam shells

      could be found?

      > Thanks!

      > Eric

      ------------------------------------

    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
        Hi Loren, Ed, Everybody,

        Great news. The final iteration of the GP38-2 Handrails & Super-details,
        kit #1201, is being manufactured next Monday thru Friday and will ship to us by the
        first week of Feb. 2013. From here I will then start shipping to all purchasers
        and dealers. Also, the instructions are now complete and are ready for packaging.
        MSRP is $23.88

        Manufacturing stainless requires more time to cure & etch than brass
        and we had to make important design adjustments until the parts met
        my exact design parameters. Sorry it took a little longer than I anticipated.

        There is also another big surprise waiting in the wings --- also made
        of stainless steel. But that rabbit wont come out of the hat until he's darn
        good and ready!

        regardZ to all !

        Reynard
        http://www.micronart.com

        On Jan 25, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Edward Scullin wrote:

        > I'll second the motion.Ed Scullin

      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
          Great news Reynard,

          Just one more question. Can we order direct from you or do we need to go
          through dealers? Any price difference?

          Loren

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
            Hi Loren,
            Sure, you can order direct. There is a link.
            http://www.micronart.com/1038gp.html
            But our dealers are the only one's allowed to discount.
            I can not undercut my dealers -- ever!

            regardZ,
            Reynard
            On Jan 25, 2013, at 7:39 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

            > Great news Reynard,
            >
            > Just one more question. Can we order direct from you or do we need to go
            > through dealers? Any price difference?
            >
            > Loren

          • Loren Snyder
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
              Understood, I just didn't know what the situation was. I'm happy to order
              from Anthony, a great dealer by anyone's measure.

              Looking forward to getting four sets as I have four undecs just begging to
              be custom detailed and painted into two CORP for me and two ARR for Karin.

              Best regards,