Re: [Z_Scale] Signals and placement and 1 more Q.

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
      Hi Reynard,

      What's the news regarding the detailing kits for the AZL GP 38s? Almost
      ready?

      Loren

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
        I'll second the motion.Ed Scullin

        From: Reynard Wellman

        Date: 1/25/2013 6:23:21 AM

        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

        Hello Eric,

        We make two types of (non-electrical) RR track signal kits:

        http://www.micronart.com/1024_triple_searchlight.html

        http://www.micronart.com/1022_double_searchlight.html

        These use Swarovski™ colored crystals to simulate lighted signals.

        Here is an article on railroad signals that may be of interest to you:

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_railroad_signals

        Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you.

        Reynard Wellman

        http://www.micronart.com

        On Jan 24, 2013, at 4:09 PM, proverbs30789 wrote:

        > Hey all!

        > It has been quite a while since I posted anything. I was wondering if

        anyone knows of a publication that would show what types of signals would be

        used trackside and where they would be placed. I would love to add some Z

        scale signals to my layout but I am completely lost. If it helps, I am

        modeling GN, NP, SP&S and BN.

        > Second question:

        > I recently saw some American steam shells for sale on E-Bay that use

        Marklin guts. I know that republiclocomotiveworks.com use to carry some.

        Anyone have any idea where a 0-6-0, 0-8-0 or any other Z scale steam shells

        could be found?

        > Thanks!

        > Eric

        ------------------------------------

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
          Hi Loren, Ed, Everybody,

          Great news. The final iteration of the GP38-2 Handrails & Super-details,
          kit #1201, is being manufactured next Monday thru Friday and will ship to us by the
          first week of Feb. 2013. From here I will then start shipping to all purchasers
          and dealers. Also, the instructions are now complete and are ready for packaging.
          MSRP is $23.88

          Manufacturing stainless requires more time to cure & etch than brass
          and we had to make important design adjustments until the parts met
          my exact design parameters. Sorry it took a little longer than I anticipated.

          There is also another big surprise waiting in the wings --- also made
          of stainless steel. But that rabbit wont come out of the hat until he's darn
          good and ready!

          regardZ to all !

          Reynard
          http://www.micronart.com

          On Jan 25, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Edward Scullin wrote:

          > I'll second the motion.Ed Scullin

        • Loren Snyder
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
            Great news Reynard,

            Just one more question. Can we order direct from you or do we need to go
            through dealers? Any price difference?

            Loren

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
              Hi Loren,
              Sure, you can order direct. There is a link.
              http://www.micronart.com/1038gp.html
              But our dealers are the only one's allowed to discount.
              I can not undercut my dealers -- ever!

              regardZ,
              Reynard
              On Jan 25, 2013, at 7:39 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

              > Great news Reynard,
              >
              > Just one more question. Can we order direct from you or do we need to go
              > through dealers? Any price difference?
              >
              > Loren

            • Loren Snyder
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
                Understood, I just didn't know what the situation was. I'm happy to order
                from Anthony, a great dealer by anyone's measure.

                Looking forward to getting four sets as I have four undecs just begging to
                be custom detailed and painted into two CORP for me and two ARR for Karin.

                Best regards,