Re: [Z_Scale] Signals and placement and 1 more Q.

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 25 6:23 AM
      Hello Eric,
      We make two types of (non-electrical) RR track signal kits:
      http://www.micronart.com/1024_triple_searchlight.html
      http://www.micronart.com/1022_double_searchlight.html
      These use Swarovski� colored crystals to simulate lighted signals.

      Here is an article on railroad signals that may be of interest to you:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_railroad_signals

      Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you.

      Reynard Wellman
      http://www.micronart.com

      On Jan 24, 2013, at 4:09 PM, proverbs30789 wrote:

      > Hey all!
      >
      > It has been quite a while since I posted anything. I was wondering if anyone knows of a publication that would show what types of signals would be used trackside and where they would be placed. I would love to add some Z scale signals to my layout but I am completely lost. If it helps, I am modeling GN, NP, SP&S and BN.
      >
      > Second question:
      >
      > I recently saw some American steam shells for sale on E-Bay that use Marklin guts. I know that republiclocomotiveworks.com use to carry some. Anyone have any idea where a 0-6-0, 0-8-0 or any other Z scale steam shells could be found?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Eric

    • Loren Snyder
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 25 7:15 AM
        Hi Reynard,

        What's the news regarding the detailing kits for the AZL GP 38s? Almost
        ready?

        Loren

        We make two types of (non-electrical) RR track signal kits:
        http://www.micronart.com/1024_triple_searchlight.html
        http://www.micronart.com/1022_double_searchlight.html
        These use Swarovski™ colored crystals to simulate lighted signals.

        Here is an article on railroad signals that may be of interest to you:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_railroad_signals

        Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you.

        Reynard Wellman
        http://www.micronart.com

        On Jan 24, 2013, at 4:09 PM, proverbs30789 wrote:

        > Hey all!
        >
        > It has been quite a while since I posted anything. I was wondering if
        anyone knows of a publication that would show what types of signals would be
        used trackside and where they would be placed. I would love to add some Z
        scale signals to my layout but I am completely lost. If it helps, I am
        modeling GN, NP, SP&S and BN.

        > Second question:
        >
        > I recently saw some American steam shells for sale on E-Bay that use
        Marklin guts. I know that republiclocomotiveworks.com use to carry some.
        Anyone have any idea where a 0-6-0, 0-8-0 or any other Z scale steam shells
        could be found?

        > Thanks!
        >
        > Eric

      • Edward Scullin
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 25 12:24 PM
          I'll second the motion.Ed Scullin

          From: Reynard Wellman

          Date: 1/25/2013 6:23:21 AM

          To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

          Hello Eric,

          We make two types of (non-electrical) RR track signal kits:

          http://www.micronart.com/1024_triple_searchlight.html

          http://www.micronart.com/1022_double_searchlight.html

          These use Swarovski™ colored crystals to simulate lighted signals.

          Here is an article on railroad signals that may be of interest to you:

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_railroad_signals

          Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you.

          Reynard Wellman

          http://www.micronart.com

          On Jan 24, 2013, at 4:09 PM, proverbs30789 wrote:

          > Hey all!

          > It has been quite a while since I posted anything. I was wondering if

          anyone knows of a publication that would show what types of signals would be

          used trackside and where they would be placed. I would love to add some Z

          scale signals to my layout but I am completely lost. If it helps, I am

          modeling GN, NP, SP&S and BN.

          > Second question:

          > I recently saw some American steam shells for sale on E-Bay that use

          Marklin guts. I know that republiclocomotiveworks.com use to carry some.

          Anyone have any idea where a 0-6-0, 0-8-0 or any other Z scale steam shells

          could be found?

          > Thanks!

          > Eric

          ------------------------------------

        • Reynard Wellman
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 25 5:35 PM
            Hi Loren, Ed, Everybody,

            Great news. The final iteration of the GP38-2 Handrails & Super-details,
            kit #1201, is being manufactured next Monday thru Friday and will ship to us by the
            first week of Feb. 2013. From here I will then start shipping to all purchasers
            and dealers. Also, the instructions are now complete and are ready for packaging.
            MSRP is $23.88

            Manufacturing stainless requires more time to cure & etch than brass
            and we had to make important design adjustments until the parts met
            my exact design parameters. Sorry it took a little longer than I anticipated.

            There is also another big surprise waiting in the wings --- also made
            of stainless steel. But that rabbit wont come out of the hat until he's darn
            good and ready!

            regardZ to all !

            Reynard
            http://www.micronart.com

            On Jan 25, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Edward Scullin wrote:

            > I'll second the motion.Ed Scullin

          • Loren Snyder
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 25 5:39 PM
              Great news Reynard,

              Just one more question. Can we order direct from you or do we need to go
              through dealers? Any price difference?

              Loren

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 25 5:48 PM
                Hi Loren,
                Sure, you can order direct. There is a link.
                http://www.micronart.com/1038gp.html
                But our dealers are the only one's allowed to discount.
                I can not undercut my dealers -- ever!

                regardZ,
                Reynard
                On Jan 25, 2013, at 7:39 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

                > Great news Reynard,
                >
                > Just one more question. Can we order direct from you or do we need to go
                > through dealers? Any price difference?
                >
                > Loren

              • Loren Snyder
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 25 5:51 PM
                  Understood, I just didn't know what the situation was. I'm happy to order
                  from Anthony, a great dealer by anyone's measure.

                  Looking forward to getting four sets as I have four undecs just begging to
                  be custom detailed and painted into two CORP for me and two ARR for Karin.

                  Best regards,