Re: [Z_Scale] Signals and placement and 1 more Q.

  • Don Fedjur
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 24, 2013
      Eric,

      Look up Micron-Art for their signals, great steam era stuff as well. http://www.micronart.com/ZSCALE_Accessories.html

      On your Steam Engine "Shells" that you viewed were from a defunct company called; InService Miniatures. Good product if you can find them second hand. Otherwise look at Aspen Model (they were in Colorado, but moved back to Germany) Also Westmodel.
      http://aspenmodel.de//index.php/cat/c60_Steam-Locomotives-Gauge-Z.html/XTCsid/ks17om8rcn12qlloq1c31h2jc0

      Happy hunting and careful soldering those LED's for your signals.

      Don

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 24, 2013
        Eric,
        Check out the D9g series of datasheets from the NMRA, they cover signal types and usage.
        Also check the rslaser site for the steam shells. They're the U.S. rep for Aspen.

        Mark

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "proverbs30789" wrote:

        > Hey all!
        >
        > It has been quite a while since I posted anything. I was wondering if anyone knows of a publication that would show what types of signals would be used trackside and where they would be placed. I would love to add some Z scale signals to my layout but I am completely lost. If it helps, I am modeling GN, NP, SP&S and BN.
        >
        > Second question:
        >
        > I recently saw some American steam shells for sale on E-Bay that use Marklin guts. I know that republiclocomotiveworks.com use to carry some. Anyone have any idea where a 0-6-0, 0-8-0 or any other Z scale steam shells could be found?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Eric

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
          Hello Eric,
          We make two types of (non-electrical) RR track signal kits:
          http://www.micronart.com/1024_triple_searchlight.html
          http://www.micronart.com/1022_double_searchlight.html
          These use Swarovski� colored crystals to simulate lighted signals.

          Here is an article on railroad signals that may be of interest to you:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_railroad_signals

          Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you.

          Reynard Wellman
          http://www.micronart.com

          On Jan 24, 2013, at 4:09 PM, proverbs30789 wrote:

          > Hey all!
          >
          > It has been quite a while since I posted anything. I was wondering if anyone knows of a publication that would show what types of signals would be used trackside and where they would be placed. I would love to add some Z scale signals to my layout but I am completely lost. If it helps, I am modeling GN, NP, SP&S and BN.
          >
          > Second question:
          >
          > I recently saw some American steam shells for sale on E-Bay that use Marklin guts. I know that republiclocomotiveworks.com use to carry some. Anyone have any idea where a 0-6-0, 0-8-0 or any other Z scale steam shells could be found?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Eric

        • Loren Snyder
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
            Hi Reynard,

            What's the news regarding the detailing kits for the AZL GP 38s? Almost
            ready?

            Loren

            We make two types of (non-electrical) RR track signal kits:
            http://www.micronart.com/1024_triple_searchlight.html
            http://www.micronart.com/1022_double_searchlight.html
            These use Swarovski™ colored crystals to simulate lighted signals.

            Here is an article on railroad signals that may be of interest to you:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_railroad_signals

            Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you.

            Reynard Wellman
            http://www.micronart.com

            On Jan 24, 2013, at 4:09 PM, proverbs30789 wrote:

            > Hey all!
            >
            > It has been quite a while since I posted anything. I was wondering if
            anyone knows of a publication that would show what types of signals would be
            used trackside and where they would be placed. I would love to add some Z
            scale signals to my layout but I am completely lost. If it helps, I am
            modeling GN, NP, SP&S and BN.

            > Second question:
            >
            > I recently saw some American steam shells for sale on E-Bay that use
            Marklin guts. I know that republiclocomotiveworks.com use to carry some.
            Anyone have any idea where a 0-6-0, 0-8-0 or any other Z scale steam shells
            could be found?

            > Thanks!
            >
            > Eric

          • Edward Scullin
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
              I'll second the motion.Ed Scullin

              From: Reynard Wellman

              Date: 1/25/2013 6:23:21 AM

              To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

              Hello Eric,

              We make two types of (non-electrical) RR track signal kits:

              http://www.micronart.com/1024_triple_searchlight.html

              http://www.micronart.com/1022_double_searchlight.html

              These use Swarovski™ colored crystals to simulate lighted signals.

              Here is an article on railroad signals that may be of interest to you:

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_railroad_signals

              Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you.

              Reynard Wellman

              http://www.micronart.com

              On Jan 24, 2013, at 4:09 PM, proverbs30789 wrote:

              > Hey all!

              > It has been quite a while since I posted anything. I was wondering if

              anyone knows of a publication that would show what types of signals would be

              used trackside and where they would be placed. I would love to add some Z

              scale signals to my layout but I am completely lost. If it helps, I am

              modeling GN, NP, SP&S and BN.

              > Second question:

              > I recently saw some American steam shells for sale on E-Bay that use

              Marklin guts. I know that republiclocomotiveworks.com use to carry some.

              Anyone have any idea where a 0-6-0, 0-8-0 or any other Z scale steam shells

              could be found?

              > Thanks!

              > Eric

              ------------------------------------

            • Reynard Wellman
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
                Hi Loren, Ed, Everybody,

                Great news. The final iteration of the GP38-2 Handrails & Super-details,
                kit #1201, is being manufactured next Monday thru Friday and will ship to us by the
                first week of Feb. 2013. From here I will then start shipping to all purchasers
                and dealers. Also, the instructions are now complete and are ready for packaging.
                MSRP is $23.88

                Manufacturing stainless requires more time to cure & etch than brass
                and we had to make important design adjustments until the parts met
                my exact design parameters. Sorry it took a little longer than I anticipated.

                There is also another big surprise waiting in the wings --- also made
                of stainless steel. But that rabbit wont come out of the hat until he's darn
                good and ready!

                regardZ to all !

                Reynard
                http://www.micronart.com

                On Jan 25, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Edward Scullin wrote:

                > I'll second the motion.Ed Scullin

              • Loren Snyder
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
                  Great news Reynard,

                  Just one more question. Can we order direct from you or do we need to go
                  through dealers? Any price difference?

                  Loren

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
                    Hi Loren,
                    Sure, you can order direct. There is a link.
                    http://www.micronart.com/1038gp.html
                    But our dealers are the only one's allowed to discount.
                    I can not undercut my dealers -- ever!

                    regardZ,
                    Reynard
                    On Jan 25, 2013, at 7:39 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

                    > Great news Reynard,
                    >
                    > Just one more question. Can we order direct from you or do we need to go
                    > through dealers? Any price difference?
                    >
                    > Loren

                  • Loren Snyder
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
                      Understood, I just didn't know what the situation was. I'm happy to order
                      from Anthony, a great dealer by anyone's measure.

                      Looking forward to getting four sets as I have four undecs just begging to
                      be custom detailed and painted into two CORP for me and two ARR for Karin.

                      Best regards,