A Cigar Box layout

  • David
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 26 6:29 PM
      A complete layout in a 5x7 inch Cigar Box
      No it's not Z scale, At 1:1000th it's not even 1/2 the size of T scale
      but I thought some of you might enjoy seeing it anyway.

      The Nano Express

      [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsBDhjF7f_o[/url]

      It took me 3 days to finish. I used sandpaper wrapped in small blocks of wood to sand the terrain and road bed out of a block of Styrofoam.
      Coated it in something called foam coat then tried my hand at painting for the first time.

      I'm not entirely with the paint job but it's my first attempt. I'm hopeing it will look a little better once I get some trees and a log cabin or two in place.
    • martin soll
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 27 7:09 AM
        AMAZING work David!!!!!!

        Thank you for sharing.

        Did you scratch build everything, or start with some purchased components and kitbash? What powers the loco--I assume you purchased a motor. Is the emblem on the lid hand carved, woodburned, or?

        Do you envision selling the layout, the rolling stock, or both?

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 27 7:18 AM
          Very nice!
        • Greg Elmassian
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 27 8:27 AM
            I've seen these linear induction train sets at shows, some even have sound. The "track" is part of the motor effectively. There are no rails.

            http://www.idlmotors.com/

            Greg

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, martin soll <solldesign@...> wrote:

            > AMAZING work David!!!!!!
            >
            > Thank you for sharing.
            >
            > Did you scratch build everything, or start with some purchased components and kitbash? What powers the loco--I assume you purchased a motor. Is the emblem on the lid hand carved, woodburned, or?
            >
            > Do you envision selling the layout, the rolling stock, or both?
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Lee Barry
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 27 9:49 AM
              very nice to be so small. I went to their website and what I like is their 2 train Xmas tree "globe covered " train . Lee Barry
              I've seen these linear induction train sets at shows, some even have sound. The "track" is part of the motor effectively. There are no rails.

              http://www.idlmotors.com/

              Greg

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, martin soll <solldesign@...> wrote:

              > AMAZING work David!!!!!!
              >
              > Thank you for sharing.
              >
              > Did you scratch build everything, or start with some purchased components and kitbash? What powers the loco--I assume you purchased a motor. Is the emblem on the lid hand carved, woodburned, or?
              >
              > Do you envision selling the layout, the rolling stock, or both?

            • FT. Dewey
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 28 4:25 AM
                Interesting. You have a "sound card" in the engine, right ???
                                                                                                  DEWEY
                                                                                          (Trying to be funny !!)

                _/oo OOOOO oo` ooo ooo 'o!o!o o!o!o`