Re: [Z_Scale] Re: hello from a newbie

  • Kevin Brady
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 9, 2012
      Hi all,
      Are we speaking about BlackenIt?:
      http://www.micromark.com/blacken-it-4-fl-oz,7267.html

      I have used this before on wheels,etc.,one should remember that after
      dipping it in the solution you then dip it in water to stop the
      process.Also,I pat it dry with paper towels and then use a hair dryer to
      stop the water remaining from causing rust spots,even though prototype
      catenary does rust ;-)
      Painting: I do airbrush the wire(you can also use spray paint) I let the
      paint 'tack' then wipe away any paint on the contact area with a Q-tip and
      solvent.The ends/clips?,Using a round needle file and gently remove any
      paint.Or one can use a fine grit sandpaper also,...

      Best,Kev

      Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service