Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Happy Birthday, Loren OT

  • Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D.
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
      I'm on it but I think Bill is on your coast! I will need $5000 as I eat a lot!
      But great idea! I didn't know smoking weed was now legal in Oregon!

      From: Loren Snyder <ljsnyder@...<mailto:ljsnyder@...>>
      Date: Friday, December 7, 2012 8:39 PM
      To: "z_scale@yahoogroups.com<mailto:z_scale@yahoogroups.com>" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com<mailto:z_scale@yahoogroups.com>>
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Happy Birthday, Loren

      I got a great idea Ron, (not very practical, but still would be fun).....
      let's get Bill Gates to send every Z scaler in America a $1,000 so we can
      all meet up somewhere in the central US for a Z jamboree. Maybe make that
      $2,000 each so we can haul our modules and put together the mother of all
      layouts. Well, since it takes some time and effort, maybe $3,000 so we can
      stay in a nice hotel and have a huge banquet room. The idea just keeps
      getting more out of hand as the ideas come. Just a fun scenario.....

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012
        Hey Loren,

        We all respect you and enjoy your observations, no matter
        how Zwise or gee whiz. Don't never use the excuse; " Z? I can't see it! "
        Whenever I feel that way, I just put on my hatband magnifier
        and say... "Ah, there you are my little lovelies!"

        Merry Christmas too!
        Reynard

        On Dec 7, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

        > Thanks Jim,
        >
        > Yup, December 7 is a special day for several reasons. Now that I'm 65 I
        > should get some respect............finally
        >
        > Loren

      • omg_joel
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012
          Just 65 Loren? Wow, I can remember when I was 65, (2 years ago) and how good it felt getting my government pension. Most people my age retire at 65, but I still wanted to work so I can support my z scale hobby, lol. All the best Loren, enjoy your special day.. And Raynard, I too have my "hat" I slip on my head to see when working on the trains.

              Regards ,     Joel

          ________________________________
          We all respect you and enjoy your observations, no matter
          how Zwise or gee whiz. Don't never use the excuse; " Z? I can't see it! "
          Whenever I feel that way, I just put on my hatband magnifier
          and say... "Ah, there you are my little lovelies!"

          Merry Christmas too!
          Reynard

          On Dec 7, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

          > Thanks Jim,
          >
          > Yup, December 7 is a special day for several reasons. Now that I'm 65 I
          > should get some respect............finally
          >
          > Loren

        • donn
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012
            Gee, Loren, that was 12 years ago for me! I'm 77. BTW, a belated Happy Birthday.
            Donn
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/waysidejourney (art)
            http://alongthewayside.blogspot.com/ (art)