Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Happy Birthday, Loren

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
      I got a great idea Ron, (not very practical, but still would be fun).....
      let's get Bill Gates to send every Z scaler in America a $1,000 so we can
      all meet up somewhere in the central US for a Z jamboree. Maybe make that
      $2,000 each so we can haul our modules and put together the mother of all
      layouts. Well, since it takes some time and effort, maybe $3,000 so we can
      stay in a nice hotel and have a huge banquet room. The idea just keeps
      getting more out of hand as the ideas come. Just a fun scenario.....

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
        I'm on it but I think Bill is on your coast! I will need $5000 as I eat a lot!
        But great idea! I didn't know smoking weed was now legal in Oregon!

        Loren, you are younger than me! OMG! Of course, it's only about 7 weeks
        younger. We are still kids in model railroading!

        All the best to you and Karin. May you have many more bd's!

        ron

        dispose of the e-mail.
      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012
          Hey Loren,

          We all respect you and enjoy your observations, no matter
          how Zwise or gee whiz. Don't never use the excuse; " Z? I can't see it! "
          Whenever I feel that way, I just put on my hatband magnifier
          and say... "Ah, there you are my little lovelies!"

          Merry Christmas too!
          Reynard

          On Dec 7, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

          > Thanks Jim,
          >
          > Yup, December 7 is a special day for several reasons. Now that I'm 65 I
          > should get some respect............finally
          >
          > Loren

        • omg_joel
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012
            Just 65 Loren? Wow, I can remember when I was 65, (2 years ago) and how good it felt getting my government pension. Most people my age retire at 65, but I still wanted to work so I can support my z scale hobby, lol. All the best Loren, enjoy your special day.. And Raynard, I too have my "hat" I slip on my head to see when working on the trains.

                Regards ,     Joel

            ________________________________
            We all respect you and enjoy your observations, no matter
            how Zwise or gee whiz. Don't never use the excuse; " Z? I can't see it! "
            Whenever I feel that way, I just put on my hatband magnifier
            and say... "Ah, there you are my little lovelies!"

            Merry Christmas too!
            Reynard

            On Dec 7, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

            > Thanks Jim,
            >
            > Yup, December 7 is a special day for several reasons. Now that I'm 65 I
            > should get some respect............finally
            >
            > Loren

          • donn
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012
              Gee, Loren, that was 12 years ago for me! I'm 77. BTW, a belated Happy Birthday.
              Donn
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/waysidejourney (art)
              http://alongthewayside.blogspot.com/ (art)