Happy Birthday, Loren

  • Jim Glass Sr
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
      Another December baby. One of my boys was born in December as was his wife and 2 children. Dec 7th is such an auspicious date. Enjoy the day.
      Jim

    • John & Sue Bartolotto
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
        Loren,

        Happy Birthday?? I thought you were ageless? All the best!

        John

        On 12/7/12 4:33 PM, "Jim Glass Sr" <Berjimgl@...> wrote:

        > Another December baby. One of my boys was born in December as was his wife and
        > 2 children. Dec 7th is such an auspicious date. Enjoy the day.
        > Jim

      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
          Thanks Jim,

          Yup, December 7 is a special day for several reasons. Now that I'm 65 I
          should get some respect............finally

          Loren

          Another December baby. One of my boys was born in December as was his wife
          and 2 children. Dec 7th is such an auspicious date. Enjoy the day.
          Jim

        • BAZ
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
            And another 10c off at the diners.
            You guys owe *me* on the 9th. See ya in LA :)

            Jeff
            SF Bay Area Z
            a.k.a. The BAZ BoyZ

            Sent 'from the road'

            On Dec 7, 2012, at 2:58 PM, "Loren Snyder" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Jim,
            >
            > Yup, December 7 is a special day for several reasons. Now that I'm 65 I
            > should get some respect............finally
            >
            > Loren

          • Jeff Newburg
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
              A birthday salute to you, Loren, for your tireless and unselfish help to newcomers like me to this great hobby. You’re a terrific asset to the Group!

              Jeff N.
            • Loren Snyder
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
                Thank you Jeff,
                But the praise goes to everyone who makes an effort to contribute in any
                large or small way and share their love of the hobby with everyone else. I
                believe that's what makes this scale special.

                Loren

                A birthday salute to you, Loren, for your tireless and unselfish help to
                newcomers like me to this great hobby. You’re a terrific asset to the
                Group!

                Jeff N.

              • Hurley, Ronald J.,M.D.
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
                  I love my Z family!

                  Loren, you are younger than me! OMG! Of course, it's only about 7 weeks younger. We are still kids in model railroading!

                  All the best to you and Karin. May you have many more bd's!

                  ron

                  A birthday salute to you, Loren, for your tireless and unselfish help to
                  newcomers like me to this great hobby. You’re a terrific asset to the
                  Group!

                  Jeff N.

                  dispose of the e-mail.
                • Loren Snyder
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
                    I got a great idea Ron, (not very practical, but still would be fun).....
                    let's get Bill Gates to send every Z scaler in America a $1,000 so we can
                    all meet up somewhere in the central US for a Z jamboree. Maybe make that
                    $2,000 each so we can haul our modules and put together the mother of all
                    layouts. Well, since it takes some time and effort, maybe $3,000 so we can
                    stay in a nice hotel and have a huge banquet room. The idea just keeps
                    getting more out of hand as the ideas come. Just a fun scenario.....

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 7, 2012
                      I'm on it but I think Bill is on your coast! I will need $5000 as I eat a lot!
                      But great idea! I didn't know smoking weed was now legal in Oregon!

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012
                        Hey Loren,

                        We all respect you and enjoy your observations, no matter
                        how Zwise or gee whiz. Don't never use the excuse; " Z? I can't see it! "
                        Whenever I feel that way, I just put on my hatband magnifier
                        and say... "Ah, there you are my little lovelies!"

                        Merry Christmas too!
                        Reynard

                        On Dec 7, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

                        > Thanks Jim,
                        >
                        > Yup, December 7 is a special day for several reasons. Now that I'm 65 I
                        > should get some respect............finally
                        >
                        > Loren

                      • omg_joel
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012
                          Just 65 Loren? Wow, I can remember when I was 65, (2 years ago) and how good it felt getting my government pension. Most people my age retire at 65, but I still wanted to work so I can support my z scale hobby, lol. All the best Loren, enjoy your special day.. And Raynard, I too have my "hat" I slip on my head to see when working on the trains.

                              Regards ,     Joel

                          ________________________________
                          We all respect you and enjoy your observations, no matter
                          how Zwise or gee whiz. Don't never use the excuse; " Z? I can't see it! "
                          Whenever I feel that way, I just put on my hatband magnifier
                          and say... "Ah, there you are my little lovelies!"

                          Merry Christmas too!
                          Reynard

                          On Dec 7, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

                          > Thanks Jim,
                          >
                          > Yup, December 7 is a special day for several reasons. Now that I'm 65 I
                          > should get some respect............finally
                          >
                          > Loren

                        • donn
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012
                            Gee, Loren, that was 12 years ago for me! I'm 77. BTW, a belated Happy Birthday.
                            Donn
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/waysidejourney (art)
                            http://alongthewayside.blogspot.com/ (art)