Re: Marklin's Brown Crocodiles 8852, 88888, 81433, 81423

  • Bogdan Tudor
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2012
      Hi all,
      Some close pictures with Marklin 81433, I hope it helps...

      https://picasaweb.google.com/118125320621111805252/ZMarklin81433Be68SBBW?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL-zhq6xnezIFw&feat=directlink

      Good to know about these color differences, I was thinking to buy also the 81423, now I will pass it...
      Regards,
      Bogdan

    • sbb_z
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2012
        Uwe, thanks for that!! So true . . .
        Thus I conclude that the Marklin technician responsible for the 8852
        drank a little too much of his paint-thinner, before he got to work.
        regardz
        Robert

        > http://www.voelklein-bodensee.de/kurios.htm (scroll down to the bottom).
        >
        > GreetingZ
        >
        > Uwe
        >
        > PS: The word "Nordlicht" (Northlight) is kind of a nick name for people
        > from Northern Germany.

      • Don Avila
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 6, 2012
          Here is something that has yet to be mentioned. If you have eye cataracts
          removed you will see several magnitudes difference in color -- SO, What is
          the correct color?? What you see or someone else sees.

          Just remember, it is your layout. Go with it.

          ...don

          On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 2:58 AM, Bogdan Tudor <bogtudor@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi all,
          > Some close pictures with Marklin 81433, I hope it helps...
          >

          > https://picasaweb.google.com/118125320621111805252/ZMarklin81433Be68SBBW?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL-zhq6xnezIFw&feat=directlink
          >
          > Good to know about these color differences, I was thinking to buy also the
          > 81423, now I will pass it...
          > Regards,
          > Bogdan

          *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

        • Alan Cox
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2012
            On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 15:02:53 -0500
            Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:

            > Here is something that has yet to be mentioned. If you have eye cataracts
            > removed you will see several magnitudes difference in color -- SO, What is
            > the correct color?? What you see or someone else sees.

            Depends on the light shining on it too - you can get into a horrible mess
            colour matching under flourescent light and then seeing the match in
            sunlight!
          • sbb_z
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 7, 2012
              Hi Bogdan
              Thanks for the pix; as I say, the color here on the 81433 appears more correct than on the 8852.