electrical problem

  • Rainer Kuhn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2012
      Hi everybody,
      I seem to have a unique problem and hope someone may have the solution.
      My objective is to control a Marklin turnout #8563 and a light signal #8939 using a #8945 Marklin relay and a Marklin # 7072 control switch.

      Please note that I have made a mock up of the relay, the control switch and a separate turnout to determine the proper connections and it works great without connecting the signal as that is a different circuit altogether and I know how to make that connection.

      Based on that I connected the relay to the switch and together they work well
      Secondly I connected the turnout to the switch without tying in the relay, the turnout works as it was designed.

      Now here is were the problem come is in:
      When I connect the blue relay wires and the blue turnout wires as I did in the mock-up
      the turn off leg of the turnout does not function.
      It does not matter what I do it is always the same function that does not work.

      Both relay and turnout switch are connected to the same electric input terminal or yellow port on the trafo.
      As I mentioned separately both units work fine and after having tried to solve the problem for over a week now I am ready to give up.

      Thank you for your help.

      Ray Kuhn