Swiss Container Car

  • sbb_z
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 12, 2012
      I just uploaded 3 photos to an album called 'swiss container car'-- I'd appreciate any help in identifying the maker / manufacturer of this and similar cars, if anyone has any ideas. The car shown was listed on the german eBay site.

      Robert
    • ZettZeit
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 13, 2012
        Robert,
        these cars are from Maerklin!

        Jens

        Am 12.11.2012 22:31, schrieb sbb_z:
        > I just uploaded 3 photos to an album called 'swiss container car'-- I'd
        > appreciate any help in identifying the maker / manufacturer of this and
        > similar cars, if anyone has any ideas. The car shown was listed on the
        > german eBay site.
        >
        > Robert

      • sbb_z
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 13, 2012
          Hi Jens
          Thanks for your reply! The seller in germany listed the manufacturer as "Hersteller unbekannt". do you happen to know the Marklin product number? there appears to be a series of these, especially reminiscent of the HO scale versions from the company "Kombimodell".
          Regards
          Robert

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, ZettZeit <jens@...> wrote:

          > Robert,
          > these cars are from Maerklin!
          >
          > Jens

        • Jens Wimmel
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 14, 2012
            Robert,
            I think, the car with the tanktainer is from the 82283 Set. But the
            "Schöni" is unknown for me. Maybe it is custom made...

            Jens

            Am 13.11.2012 18:07, schrieb sbb_z:

            > Hi Jens
            > Thanks for your reply! The seller in germany listed the manufacturer as
            > "Hersteller unbekannt". do you happen to know the Marklin product
            > number? there appears to be a series of these, especially reminiscent of
            > the HO scale versions from the company "Kombimodell".
            > Regards
            > Robert
            >
            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > ZettZeit <jens@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Robert,
            > > these cars are from Maerklin!
            > >
            > > Jens

          • Robert Kluz
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 14, 2012
              Jens I agree. I don't recognize the Schoni container car. It appears custom.

              Rob

              On Nov 14, 2012, at 3:22 AM, Jens Wimmel wrote:

              > Robert,
              > I think, the car with the tanktainer is from the 82283 Set. But the
              > "Schöni" is unknown for me. Maybe it is custom made...
              >
              > Jens
              >
              > Am 13.11.2012 18:07, schrieb sbb_z:
              >>
              >> Hi Jens
              >> Thanks for your reply! The seller in germany listed the manufacturer as
              >> "Hersteller unbekannt". do you happen to know the Marklin product
              >> number? there appears to be a series of these, especially reminiscent of
              >> the HO scale versions from the company "Kombimodell".
              >> Regards
              >> Robert
              >>
              >> --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com>,
              >> ZettZeit <jens@...> wrote:
              >>>
              >>> Robert,
              >>> these cars are from Maerklin!
              >>>
              >>> Jens

              Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              Distributor American Z Line
              Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Rokuhan
              and Tenshodo dealer
              www.ztrack.com
              www.ztrackcenter.com
              www.ztrackresale.com
              www.rokuhan-store.com
              6142 Northcliff Blvd
              Dublin OH 43016
              (614) 764-1703

            • sbb_z
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 14, 2012
                Hi Rob, hi Jens
                After endlessly clicking around on the internet, I found some hints that this car and some others like it with tank containers or plain containers were possibly made by Mikkelson. He appears to have made a series of these, who knows when. Anyone hear from him lately?
                I bought his nice CARGO Re481 or Re482 some years ago . . . love to get my hands on a Schoni/Bertschi car like the one pictured.
                Regards
                Robert

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:

                > Jens I agree. I don't recognize the Schoni container car. It appears custom.
                >
                > Rob
                >

                > On Nov 14, 2012, at 3:22 AM, Jens Wimmel wrote:
                >
                > > Robert,
                > > I think, the car with the tanktainer is from the 82283 Set. But the
                > > "Schöni" is unknown for me. Maybe it is custom made...
                > >
                > > Jens
              • Jens Wimmel
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 14, 2012
                  Roberts,
                  my last contact to Claes Mikkelsen was in 2007. He stopped bis small
                  Z-business then. It's very possible, the "Schöni" is made by Mikkelsen
                  around 2004 - 2006. Your car is a really nice combination and very
                  prototypical.
                  I have two pictures with his models on my website:
                  http://www.zettzeit.ch/CH-Treffen_3.html

                  Jens

                  Am 14.11.2012 15:51, schrieb sbb_z:
                  > Hi Rob, hi Jens
                  > After endlessly clicking around on the internet, I found some hints that
                  > this car and some others like it with tank containers or plain
                  > containers were possibly made by Mikkelson. He appears to have made a
                  > series of these, who knows when. Anyone hear from him lately?
                  > I bought his nice CARGO Re481 or Re482 some years ago . . . love to get
                  > my hands on a Schoni/Bertschi car like the one pictured.
                  > Regards
                  > Robert
                  >
                  > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Jens I agree. I don't recognize the Schoni container car. It appears
                  > custom.
                  > >
                  > > Rob
                  > >

                  > > On Nov 14, 2012, at 3:22 AM, Jens Wimmel wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Robert,
                  > > > I think, the car with the tanktainer is from the 82283 Set. But the
                  > > > "Schöni" is unknown for me. Maybe it is custom made...
                  > > >
                  > > > Jens

                • Don Avila
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 14, 2012
                    Don't forget Tim Buehing (sp) made a few of these, and I think sold some.

                    ...don

                    On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Jens Wimmel <jens.wimmel@...>wrote:

                    > Roberts,
                    > my last contact to Claes Mikkelsen was in 2007. He stopped bis small
                    > Z-business then. It's very possible, the "Schöni" is made by Mikkelsen
                    > around 2004 - 2006. Your car is a really nice combination and very
                    > prototypical.
                    > I have two pictures with his models on my website:
                    > http://www.zettzeit.ch/CH-Treffen_3.html
                    >
                    > Jens
                    >
                    > Am 14.11.2012 15:51, schrieb sbb_z:
                    > > Hi Rob, hi Jens
                    > > After endlessly clicking around on the internet, I found some hints that
                    > > this car and some others like it with tank containers or plain
                    > > containers were possibly made by Mikkelson. He appears to have made a
                    > > series of these, who knows when. Anyone hear from him lately?
                    > > I bought his nice CARGO Re481 or Re482 some years ago . . . love to get
                    > > my hands on a Schoni/Bertschi car like the one pictured.
                    > > Regards
                    > > Robert
                    > >
                    > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    > > Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Jens I agree. I don't recognize the Schoni container car. It appears
                    > > custom.
                    > > >
                    > > > Rob

                    *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

                  • sbb_z
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
                      Hi Jens
                      I should have mentioned that I got the idea about Mikkelsen from just those pictures on your web-site. Too bad he isn't producing anymore!
                      Regards
                      Robert