carrying cases

  • Edward Scullin
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
      This is an unsolicited endorsement
      for carrying cases.

                 At the NTS this year Dave George had a neat case for carrying
      Z scale cars and Locos I think he got it  at the Z scale Convention The suitcase style case was nicely
      made of wood with an interior dimension of about 21 ½ by 9 ½  inches.  Interior is foam lined to prevent damage and to keep thing
      in place.   I t will hold about 85 40 foot box cars,
      less for longer ones.

      Dean also makes a Z scale case that
      is actually a modified N scale case.
      Those N scale cases are sold as Port-a-Case.  You can google that to get pictures.  These come with more than one or more
      trays.  The trays are also foam
      lined.  The trays and top are held
      together by latches.

      I  had originally bought a three tray case, and later bought
      two suitcase style cases.

      These cases are made by Dean
      Daughenbaugh his address is 4208 Grand Ave.  Everett Washington 98203.

      I will send pictures if you are
      interested.  Please request off
      list.I have no interest in Dean's business other than that of a satisfied customer.Ed ScullinRoanoke VA

      __

    • Don Avila
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
        I have purchased four of them. Received two of them yesterday. Excellent!!!

        ...don
        On Nov 6, 2012 9:10 PM, "Edward Scullin" <sculline@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > This is an unsolicited endorsement
        > for carrying cases.
        >
        > At the NTS this year Dave George had a neat case for carrying
        > Z scale cars and Locos I think he got it at the Z scale Convention The
        > suitcase style case was nicely
        > made of wood with an interior dimension of about 21 � by 9 � inches.
        > Interior is foam lined to prevent damage and to keep thing
        > in place. I t will hold about 85 40 foot box cars,
        > less for longer ones.
        >

        > Dean also makes a Z scale case that
        > is actually a modified N scale case.
        > Those N scale cases are sold as Port-a-Case. You can google that to get
        > pictures. These come with more than one or more
        > trays. The trays are also foam
        > lined. The trays and top are held
        > together by latches.
        >
        > I had originally bought a three tray case, and later bought
        > two suitcase style cases.
        >
        > These cases are made by Dean
        > Daughenbaugh his address is 4208 Grand Ave. Everett Washington 98203.
        >
        > I will send pictures if you are
        > interested. Please request off
        > list.I have no interest in Dean's business other than that of a satisfied
        > customer.Ed ScullinRoanoke VA
        >
        > __

      • Henri Seynaeve
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
          I am interested

          Email is hseynaeve@...

          Thanks
          Henri

          Sent from my iPad

          On Nov 6, 2012, at 6:03 PM, Edward Scullin <sculline@...> wrote:

          > This is an unsolicited endorsement
          > for carrying cases.
          >
          > At the NTS this year Dave George had a neat case for carrying
          > Z scale cars and Locos I think he got it at the Z scale Convention The suitcase style case was nicely
          > made of wood with an interior dimension of about 21 ½ by 9 ½ inches. Interior is foam lined to prevent damage and to keep thing
          > in place. I t will hold about 85 40 foot box cars,
          > less for longer ones.
          >

          > Dean also makes a Z scale case that
          > is actually a modified N scale case.
          > Those N scale cases are sold as Port-a-Case. You can google that to get pictures. These come with more than one or more
          > trays. The trays are also foam
          > lined. The trays and top are held
          > together by latches.
          >
          > I had originally bought a three tray case, and later bought
          > two suitcase style cases.
          >
          > These cases are made by Dean
          > Daughenbaugh his address is 4208 Grand Ave. Everett Washington 98203.
          >
          > I will send pictures if you are
          > interested. Please request off
          > list.I have no interest in Dean's business other than that of a satisfied customer.Ed ScullinRoanoke VA
          >
          > __

        • de Champeaux Dominique
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2012
            In Paris, you can find Z scale stuff at least there:
            -Transmondia (Tel (33)1 42 81 22 89), 48 rue de Douai, 75009 Paris. Fair choice of Z scale stuff, including Micro-Trains, but expensive compared to the US as prices in USD are the same numbers labelled in Euros (For example, a MTL $190 GP9 is sold there €190)
            -Au Pullman (Tel (33)1 48 74 56 17), 70 rue d'Amsterdam 75009 Paris (about 400 walking meters from Transmondia). As far as I know, in Z scale they carry only Marklin Miniclub.

            I'm aware of eventual other stores but I don't know who and where they are.

            Dom

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 7, 2012
              Hello Dom,

              Thanks for reminding me about Transmondia on rue de Doual whom I visited in 2002.
              The lady who I spoke with was very kind and after my return to the USA, I sent Transmondia some
              catalogs. Another model train shop I visited in arrondissement "Hotel-de-Ville"
              but the HO train merchant was not interested in model kits.

              Au Pullman, I think is newer but according to my research is mostly Marklin.

              Thank you for giving Douglas some real information that he can use in
              his next visit to Paris.

              Reynard