Re: [Z_Scale] Stores selling Z scale in Paris

  • jmui@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
      There is one store in Hong Kong that carries z, but nothing special. Maybe
      you can find the AZL factory and get some black market z. :D

      John

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
        Hi,

        In Germany, Oliver Passmann (copied here)carries many Z items;

        Passmann Modellbahnzubehör
        Am Rotbusch 33
        D-59872 Meschede
        GERMANY

        Passmann Modellbahnzubehoer
        Habichtstr. 9
        D-59425 Unna
        GERMANY

        Jim

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
          Hello Doug,

          Did you actually find a train store in Paris that sold Z scale?!
          A Marklin starter set or something?

          I miss the local walk-in Model Railroad Stores. Even generalized hobby shops are
          slowly disappearing except for Thomas the Tank Engine and plastic Corvettes
          at Hobby Lobby. They have lots of good stuff for us scratch builders too!

          Good luck with France.

          Reynard

          On Nov 5, 2012, at 1:06 PM, zcollectornut wrote:

          > Howdy everyone.
          >
          > I'm going to be in Paris on Saturday December 1st and may be able to squeeze a couple of hours into my schedule for Z shopping. The only store I remember there moved several years ago and I can't locate it now.
          >
          > Anyone who can give me store names and the streets they are on will be appreciated.
          >
          > Also, If anyone knows of any Z stuff in Shanghi I will be there November 10th & 11th, Hong Kong on November 12th & 13th, Hamburg on the 17th & 18th, Prague the 19th & 20th, Vienna the 25th & Budapest on the 28th & 29th
          >
          > I'm leaving tomorrow (11/06/2012) but will have a computer with me. e-mail me at dougmoody@....
          >
          > Your feed back is appreciated.
          >
          > Douglas Moody - eBay's Surplusnut
          > Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

        • Edward Scullin
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
            This is an unsolicited endorsement
            for carrying cases.

                       At the NTS this year Dave George had a neat case for carrying
            Z scale cars and Locos I think he got it  at the Z scale Convention The suitcase style case was nicely
            made of wood with an interior dimension of about 21 ½ by 9 ½  inches.  Interior is foam lined to prevent damage and to keep thing
            in place.   I t will hold about 85 40 foot box cars,
            less for longer ones.

            Dean also makes a Z scale case that
            is actually a modified N scale case.
            Those N scale cases are sold as Port-a-Case.  You can google that to get pictures.  These come with more than one or more
            trays.  The trays are also foam
            lined.  The trays and top are held
            together by latches.

            I  had originally bought a three tray case, and later bought
            two suitcase style cases.

            These cases are made by Dean
            Daughenbaugh his address is 4208 Grand Ave.  Everett Washington 98203.

            I will send pictures if you are
            interested.  Please request off
            list.I have no interest in Dean's business other than that of a satisfied customer.Ed ScullinRoanoke VA

            __

          • Don Avila
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
              I have purchased four of them. Received two of them yesterday. Excellent!!!

              ...don
              On Nov 6, 2012 9:10 PM, "Edward Scullin" <sculline@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > This is an unsolicited endorsement
              > for carrying cases.
              >
              > At the NTS this year Dave George had a neat case for carrying
              > Z scale cars and Locos I think he got it at the Z scale Convention The
              > suitcase style case was nicely
              > made of wood with an interior dimension of about 21 � by 9 � inches.
              > Interior is foam lined to prevent damage and to keep thing
              > in place. I t will hold about 85 40 foot box cars,
              > less for longer ones.
              >

              > Dean also makes a Z scale case that
              > is actually a modified N scale case.
              > Those N scale cases are sold as Port-a-Case. You can google that to get
              > pictures. These come with more than one or more
              > trays. The trays are also foam
              > lined. The trays and top are held
              > together by latches.
              >
              > I had originally bought a three tray case, and later bought
              > two suitcase style cases.
              >
              > These cases are made by Dean
              > Daughenbaugh his address is 4208 Grand Ave. Everett Washington 98203.
              >
              > I will send pictures if you are
              > interested. Please request off
              > list.I have no interest in Dean's business other than that of a satisfied
              > customer.Ed ScullinRoanoke VA
              >
              > __

            • Henri Seynaeve
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
                I am interested

                Email is hseynaeve@...

                Thanks
                Henri

                Sent from my iPad

                On Nov 6, 2012, at 6:03 PM, Edward Scullin <sculline@...> wrote:

                > This is an unsolicited endorsement
                > for carrying cases.
                >
                > At the NTS this year Dave George had a neat case for carrying
                > Z scale cars and Locos I think he got it at the Z scale Convention The suitcase style case was nicely
                > made of wood with an interior dimension of about 21 ½ by 9 ½ inches. Interior is foam lined to prevent damage and to keep thing
                > in place. I t will hold about 85 40 foot box cars,
                > less for longer ones.
                >

                > Dean also makes a Z scale case that
                > is actually a modified N scale case.
                > Those N scale cases are sold as Port-a-Case. You can google that to get pictures. These come with more than one or more
                > trays. The trays are also foam
                > lined. The trays and top are held
                > together by latches.
                >
                > I had originally bought a three tray case, and later bought
                > two suitcase style cases.
                >
                > These cases are made by Dean
                > Daughenbaugh his address is 4208 Grand Ave. Everett Washington 98203.
                >
                > I will send pictures if you are
                > interested. Please request off
                > list.I have no interest in Dean's business other than that of a satisfied customer.Ed ScullinRoanoke VA
                >
                > __

              • de Champeaux Dominique
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 7, 2012
                  In Paris, you can find Z scale stuff at least there:
                  -Transmondia (Tel (33)1 42 81 22 89), 48 rue de Douai, 75009 Paris. Fair choice of Z scale stuff, including Micro-Trains, but expensive compared to the US as prices in USD are the same numbers labelled in Euros (For example, a MTL $190 GP9 is sold there €190)
                  -Au Pullman (Tel (33)1 48 74 56 17), 70 rue d'Amsterdam 75009 Paris (about 400 walking meters from Transmondia). As far as I know, in Z scale they carry only Marklin Miniclub.

                  I'm aware of eventual other stores but I don't know who and where they are.

                  Dom

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 7, 2012
                    Hello Dom,

                    Thanks for reminding me about Transmondia on rue de Doual whom I visited in 2002.
                    The lady who I spoke with was very kind and after my return to the USA, I sent Transmondia some
                    catalogs. Another model train shop I visited in arrondissement "Hotel-de-Ville"
                    but the HO train merchant was not interested in model kits.

                    Au Pullman, I think is newer but according to my research is mostly Marklin.

                    Thank you for giving Douglas some real information that he can use in
                    his next visit to Paris.

                    Reynard