Re: [Z_Scale] Re: new controller from Rokuhan

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 20, 2012
      Lee,
      If you will contact me we can settle up the items for you.

      Loren

      From: Garth <garth.a.hamilton@...>
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: new controller from Rokuhan
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, October 20, 2012, 12:51 PM

      I do not know what the RC003 will retail for, as it has not hit the street
      yet even in Japan. Here in North America the RC002 retails for 35.00 and
      street price can be as low as 28.00 bucks, THe RC001 retails for 67.00 with
      a street price of 60.00, so I imagine it will at about 75.00 retail and then
      a few bucks more for a wall transformer, but this is only a guess at this
      point, as I do not know how much the tooling will cost for this change. As
      for battery life on my 2 x 4 ft display layout I can run 2 engines for two
      days and that I figure equates to 12 to 14 hours, I have never run them
      continuously until they stop, and I always start a show weekend with fresh
      batteries. Even the RC-2 using 8 x AAA batteries can run this long on this
      layout with 2 engines and 6 cars with interior lighting running on it. I am
      pretty sure this would not be the case if I were using a Micro Trains F7A
      and F7B pair of engines, I am pretty sure it would not last one day
      using these engines on either controller.

      regards Garth