Re: Today In History

  • Greg Elmassian
    Message 1 of 768 , Oct 2, 2012
      Thanks guys, you did indeed get the message, perfect understanding of what the gentle reminder was.

      Don, what you don't realize or see are posts deleted or not approved that were indeed political, flaming one or the other political parties.

      The idea is to talk about trains, not what political party is responsible for your financial situation, etc.

      The moderators are here to do this, to keep things moderate.

      It is just common sense and common courtesy.

      I believe there is plenty to discuss on the subject of trains. ;-)

      Nothing will ruin a forum quicker than heated debates about politics or religion.

      Regards, Greg

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Geoffrey Harleigh Wathen <mail@...> wrote:

      > Reading his post, it is clear that he is talking about discussions involving government agencies (such as the EPA), which can easily start down the slippery slope of talking about politics (EPA policies under XYZ were good/bad/who cares). It seems that this is really a case of "use common sense", and trying to elevate it to "a list of words that we can or cannot use" seems, in itself, argumentative and inflammatory.
      >
      > GW.
      >
      > On Oct 2, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:
      >
      > > *Greg:
      > >
      > > Assuming you are serious, could you please give us a list of words that we
      > > can or can not use? This is about as far away from "politics" as you can
      > > get.
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > ...don
      > >

      > > *
      > > On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Greg Elmassian <greg@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> **
      > >>

      > >> Guys, let's watch getting close to politics please... when you mention
      > >> governmental agencies, you are getting ready to "pick sides"
      > >>
      > >> Thanks,
      > >>
      > >> The moderators.

      > >> off.

    • FT. Dewey
      Message 768 of 768 , Jan 31

        1855 Western railroads blocked by snow
        1874 Jesse James gang robs train at Gads Hill MO
        1932 US railway unions accept 10% wage reduction

        _/oo OOOOO oo` ooo ooo 'o!o!o o!o!o`