Re: [Z_Scale] Re: What is the status of z scale time for many you step up to the plate

  • thomas cipelle
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1 5:23 PM
      Ok lets talk results,I became A member of NMRA div 8 troy michigan1yr ago.took good 6 months to earn respect they were glad for another  member.Last sat sept 29 came up to me at the local farmers market as I was talking to Trudy one of  gayles bus drivers she likes Z also but doesn't own one . A div 8 NMRA member said  hi your  Z scale display was great .Last tue  I. had a lady chase me down Kroger again say how well she liked my layoutl  show  we did sept. 22. Also  had 2 more invites to 2 more train shows .Had john  who does really awesome  Lionel lay outs at shows  quote john  "you rarely ever bring same lay outs" he was awestruck  to see 2 circles double helix with figure  eight running  under it with 15 buildings lit up and  flying  Bi wing plane working water wheel 3 lit neon signs.  by the way for the record they were clocking my lay out  for failing trains and derailments we had zero for 7hr show.OK please not tooting my
      own  horn just trying to get more people intoZ scale. Every div.8 show what ever topic for the night is (or show and tell) try to bring at least one or 2  Z items.We need more people join MNRA  squeeky wheel gets  greased if enough members join in.
      They would do  storys and pictures in the nmra mag. and maybe learn the difference betwee Z and HO

    • Lee Barry
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2 6:43 AM
        Yes you can lead the horse to the water but you can't make'em drink. Most still think of Z as a rich mans' toy, not the ordinary or low income persons' scale. If some of you out there would send you pictures of your layouts to Model Railroader Magazine, I'm sure as the people at Kalmbach has told me they would be glad to have an article on Z scale layouts, the only problem is no one submits the pictures and stories of their layouts to them.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2 7:09 AM
          On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 06:43:39 -0700 (PDT)
          Lee Barry <z_scale2@...> wrote:

          > Yes you can lead the horse to the water but you can't make'em drink. Most still think of Z as a rich mans' toy, not the ordinary or low income persons' scale. If some of you out there would send you pictures of your layouts to Model Railroader Magazine, I'm sure as the people at Kalmbach has told me they would be glad to have an article on Z scale layouts, the only problem is no one submits the pictures and stories of their layouts to them.

          Because they run no Z so nobody doing Z reads it so ....

          In the UK for N for a long time people pretty much gave up and N has its
          own very good society journal, its own forums and now its own additional
          magazine. It's changing as the UK N market grows and the mainstream
          magazines get more interested - but then the magazines are all dying
          anyway, the internet is killing them off slowly.

          Alan