Re: [Z_Scale] lost contact

  • David Mummery
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26, 2012
      Hey Reynard,

      Thanks for the reminder, sunday night brain fart.
      Dave

      Dave Mummery

      http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
      http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

      From: Reynard Wellman <micron@...>
      Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 02:21:48
      To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] lost contact

      Hi Dave,
      There's a lot of hijacking of legitimate emails going on recently.
      Whenever you see an unknown link that first asks for a login or password,
      beware of thieves.

      Remember the old days of the Nigerian banking email frauds?
      Felons are always finding new ways to knock at the door.

      Reynard

      On Aug 26, 2012, at 9:10 PM, David Mummery wrote:

      > Hey Alan,
      >
      > Your link is for a log in.
      > Dave
      >
      > Dave Mummery
      >
      > http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
      > http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/
      >
      > Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry® smartphone

    • Loren Snyder
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2012
        Reynard,

        What do you mean the 'old days'. I get at least two a week from some long
        lost relative asking if they can give me several million dollars.

        I wish like heck that I could down load a terrible virus to their computers
        in return for their generous offers of making me rich.

        Then I could sleep with wonderful dreams of smoking computers. :o)

        Refusing to get rich off my dead relatives,

        Loren

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26, 2012
          sorry guys I was trying to contact member harold grady and too late I saw that it posted to all members so I erased to general posting and re sent it to harold. I also didn't realize the link only works if is me linking and only if I am signed on
          Allan
        • Alan Cox
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 27, 2012
            > Felons are always finding new ways to knock at the door.

            Like ballot boxes 8)

            It's not just a case of not clicking strange links - that's not a bad
            idea but the most important thing is to use secure and up to date
            software and to keep it up to date.

            In particular web browsers and email clients. Plus if you must have them
            installed Flash and the other Adobe PDF reader products etc several of
            which score rather highly in all the security hole charts.

            Not clicking on strange links is like not letting strange people in, it's
            still a good idea to keep the fences in good order.

            Alan